• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2014-15 Edition

Jcb890

Still kind of high IMO needs to be 50% or less of window rate.

Like I said, they're not great prices, but they're discounted. Better than nothing and better than Liftopia rates. Aside from CSC (or other clubs) I don't know where to get better prices. If anyone else does, I'd love to hear it.

dlague

Like I said, they're not great prices, but they're discounted. Better than nothing and better than Liftopia rates. Aside from CSC (or other clubs) I don't know where to get better prices. If anyone else does, I'd love to hear it.

Post #9 is a summary! But there are plenty of others in here!

Jcb890

If you review this thread, you'll see some great options on several of those hills. The caveat is, many of the best deals require pre-season or early-season planning/purchase.

Yeah, my planning was definitely not great this season. Here in MA, we don't get the Shell gas station discount either, which is weak.

Next season I'll be joining CSC I think. Seems like the best deal going.

Post #9 is a summary! But there are plenty of others in here!

Thanks! I'll have to flip through the rest of the thread some more, but the summary is definitely helpful since this thread is 89 pages.

JamaicaMan

Bromley's Spring Loaded Card is still a great deal even after they raised the price by $20 this year. 4 days anytime from now until to Dec 18 next year. And the skiing sure looks to stay strong into April.
http://www.bromley.com/winter/deals/

Only caveat is that all days must be at Bromley :daffy:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Start following the mountain's facebook and twits. They are experimenting with short-fuse deals (i.e., $20 for the next 50 people to ski on Sunday...") so it's worth trolling. The deals should start peeling out in the next week or two.

Jcb890

Start following the mountain's facebook and twits. They are experimenting with short-fuse deals (i.e., $20 for the next 50 people to ski on Sunday...") so it's worth trolling. The deals should start peeling out in the next week or two.

Good call thanks!

Also, I spent a whole bunch of time last night going through the thread from the start (I'm only 45 pages in so far!) to try and plan out getting deals next season. Like the Vermont 3 / 5 Pass, etc.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
2015 Northeast Ski Map

Found at truckstops, rest areas, touron booths, etc.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• WP_20150227_007.jpg
    WP_20150227_007.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 193
  • WP_20150227_008.jpg
    WP_20150227_008.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 192
  • WP_20150227_009.jpg
    WP_20150227_009.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 191

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Good call thanks!

Also, I spent a whole bunch of time last night going through the thread from the start (I'm only 45 pages in so far!) to try and plan out getting deals next season. Like the Vermont 3 / 5 Pass, etc.

Best deals come early. Like summertime. It's a quid-pro-quo. They get your money early, you get a good deal. It's odd thinking about buying tix in the summer, but it is mega worth it.

Jcb890

Best deals come early. Like summertime. It's a quid-pro-quo. They get your money early, you get a good deal. It's odd thinking about buying tix in the summer, but it is mega worth it.

Yup, that's what I'll be doing. I'll probably get myself (and the wife) 1 or 2 of the Vermont 3/5 Passes and join CSC through one of the groups. I know someone posted one of the groups that only charges $15/family to join CSC. That seems like a steal. They don't do any bus trips, but most of the bus trips leave from Eastern MA and I'm in Central MA so it would be ~1hr to get to the bus itself, seems like it defeats the purpose to me kind of.

That'll probably be enough for me for next season I think. I don't want to over-buy.

xwhaler

I have that brochure---got it at Gunstock back in December.
Best and to me only real worthwhile one on it is a Smuggs BOGO that can be used wknds. Worth picking up just for that though if anyone is headed up.

steamboat1

I've been purchasing my season pass for the following season in April for years. Save quite a few bucks purchasing early.

Razor

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but Killington has 2 for $109 on Thursdays. Have to buy 24 hours prior. Also for you olders, it's $50 on Fridays if you're over 50.

chuckstah

If you are in the vicinity of Pats Peak in NH they have a promo in the retail shop. You donate $20 to a local charity and receive a plastic water bottle with a random any day (I think, mine was) lift ticket to either Burke, Bolton Valley or Shawnee Peak. I did not want one for Shawnee and they made it happen.

Jcb890

I posted this in the 15/16 Passes & Pricing thread, but figured I would put it in here as well:

I have the link saved for the Vermont 3 Pass / 5 Pass page, but it is pretty lacking in details.

When do they go on sale?
Which mountains are valid?
How do they track 1 per mountain?
Are any of them interchangeable/tradeable?

dlague

I posted this in the 15/16 Passes & Pricing thread, but figured I would put it in here as well:

I have the link saved for the Vermont 3 Pass / 5 Pass page, but it is pretty lacking in details.

When do they go on sale? October (check out the Skiing on the Cheap 2016-2016 thread which will start as soon as the first deals show up around August.
Which mountains are valid? all VT
How do they track 1 per mountain? There is a stub for all 3 or 5 and they mark it on the stub
Are any of them interchangeable/tradeable? No, technically you have your name on it - some places ask for an ID others do not so.....

I put the answers in for you, but my first reaction was to have you look for the answers in this thread because they are answered.