• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2014-15 Edition

dlague

Ski... Ride...$ave - cards on sale now at last years price!
It's a beautiful time of the year here in Vermont but ski season will be here before you know it! With all the new construction going on at various resorts, we have also decided to start gearing up for the 2015 season!
We want to give all our current Facebook Friends an opportunity to get the 2015 card at the 2014 price!
The price for the Vermont Travel Club Card will be increased for the 2015 season, so NOW is the time to secure your membership.
From August 16, to August 24,2014, we will keep the card prices at $44 for (1 person), $88 for (2), $139 for (3) and $159 for (4,5). So... if you plan on skiing for the 2015 season and want to get the best lift ticket prices, NOW is the time to buy the Vermont Travel Club Card! This is it... there will be no other specials for the season. All the great mountains are back, along with even more savings, except for Mad River.
Go to Vermonttravelclub.com and sign up for your card before the prices go up. All cards purchased will be printed and distributed in September.
The family pack includes a minimum of FOUR memberships and up to FIVE total memberships, and is valid for two adults and one or more children, ages 18 and under. Family members must reside at same address, and at least one adult is the parent or legal guardian of the children listed on the application

https://www.facebook.com/VermontTravelClub

This is one that I would put in the no deal section. While it is better than nothing, there are plenty of better options. Once you average the initial fee the deals are not that great. Still better than no deal I guess!

skiNEwhere

Last edited:

dlague

So? The thread doesn't say Skiing on the Cheap (Weekends only) :lol:

That's right! Don't get me wrong, great deal for those who can take advantage of mid-week deals so definitely still Skiing on the Cheap. Unfortunately, so may deals like this are mid week only and I get it - why discount on premium days! But there are deals out there that cater to the weekend skiers too.

ScottySkis

OK
Where please
Vermonttravelclub.com
Just watch for deals here. This one is for Vermont but weekend deals will be out. This is 2 years old but new info comes out soon for upcoming season.

12 Mountains ... Big Savings ... One Card !

Thanks for taking the time to check out our newsletter! Here are a few special winter deals for this ski and snowboard season.

Go to Vermonttravelclub.com to sign up for your card and start enjoying the savings. See our Early Bird Special and the opportunity to win lodging and lift tickets to Stowe, Vermont.

Think Snow !

dlague

OK
Where please

Well for starters, The Ride and Ski Card is on sale starting today - http://rideandskine.com/Home.html

2 for 1 most Saturdays at the mountain they are at, some 2 for 1 skiing a several resorts on Sundays. Their tour dates have not been announced just yet.

Plus $35 and choose a lift ticket of your choice - that alone is good!

They have limited the preseason sale to 750 cards.

BenedictGomez

Plus $35 and choose a lift ticket of your choice - that alone is good!

I'm honestly not impressed with their discounts, and dont like the "tour" thing either because I follow the conditions. But can the $35 ticket be used for weekends at Sugarbush or Jay Peak? If so, that's definitely a good deal.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see the site explains it. It's "their choice" what ticket you get? C'est bizarre.

$35.00 with a lift ticket of our choice

RENO

I'm honestly not impressed with their discounts, and dont like the "tour" thing either because I follow the conditions. But can the $35 ticket be used for weekends at Sugarbush or Jay Peak? If so, that's definitely a good deal.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see the site explains it. It's "their choice" what ticket you get? C'est bizarre.
Yeah, that is kinda strange. I would get it for $35 also if I could use it at Sugarbush and Jay Peak. Other than that, it's not worth it.

dlague

Sorry about the miss read!

The tour does stop at Sugarbush and Jay Peak and Jay Peak 2 for 1 every Sunday (as well as midweek) sans black out dates!