• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2014-15 Edition

steamboat1

Cheapest (of the Vermont tickets) at my club are Middlebury and Suicide Six are $5. Most expensive are Okemo, Stowe, Stratton, Mt Snow, Sugarbush, Killington at $48. New Hampshire and Maine are more but have no blackout dates. We have a Jay Peak trip December 16-21 for $440 that includes 5 nights lodging, 6 days in the water park, and an unlimited season pass to Jay. 5 group lessons are an additional $50.
"This is a limited time sale from July 25, 2014 through August 9, 2014. Ticket orders postmarked before July 25th or after August 9th will not be filled, and checks will be returned."

http://www.aceskiandboardclub.org/2014-2015-ticket-sale/

Last edited:

yeggous

"This is a limited time sale from July 25, 2014 through August 9, 2014. Ticket orders postmarked before July 25th or after August 9th will not be filled, and checks will be returned."

http://www.aceskiandboardclub.org/2014-2015-ticket-sale/

The club uses that sale to gauge interest in the volume of tickets it needs to order. It then orders all those requested plus some extra to sell at meetings. You can still buy tickets to some mountains at meetings. (There is actually a meeting tonight.) I'm not sure which mountains are sold out and which have availbility. Smugglers Notch and Bolton Valley are usually the last to sell out. Ticket sales are announced via email and in the newsletter.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

The club uses that sale to gauge interest in the volume of tickets it needs to order. It then orders all those requested plus some extra to sell at meetings. You can still buy tickets to some mountains at meetings.

Do they ever have an excess in Stowe, or is that pretty much only a guarantee is you buy in that July/August window?

yeggous

Do they ever have an excess in Stowe, or is that pretty much only a guarantee is you buy in that July/August window?

Stowe is very popular and sells out quickly. I think at the last meeting we had one Stowe ticket left. Because we buy tickets by the booklet with a fixed number per mountain, we have to adjust the price of the tickets to reflect the popularity of the mountain. The relative prices we charge gives you a good idea of how popular each is.

New Hampshire and Maine tickets work differently. All have remaining availability and no blackout dates. Their state associations are not nearly as friendly to ski clubs so we have to buy our tickets directly from the mountain. Because of this we carry a limited number of mountains on direct order. This year we are offering Cannon ($52), Cranmore ($56), Bretton Woods ($2 for a voucher than gets you a $50 window ticket), Wachusett ($44-52 depending on time of day you can use it), Attitash / Wildcat ($57), Killington ($61), and Sunday River / Sugarloaf ($68). Lower prices are available for teen and children tickets.

BenedictGomez

Stowe is very popular and sells out quickly. I think at the last meeting we had one Stowe ticket left. Because we buy tickets by the booklet with a fixed number per mountain, we have to adjust the price of the tickets to reflect the popularity of the mountain. The relative prices we charge gives you a good idea of how popular each is.

If Stowe is a booklet of 5 tickets, doesn't the booklet cost the same regardless of whether you have 20 ticket requests or 100 ticket requests (i.e. you'd need 4 versus 20 booklets of five tickets). I'm obviously not understanding something?

yeggous

If Stowe is a booklet of 5 tickets, doesn't the booklet cost the same regardless of whether you have 20 ticket requests or 100 ticket requests (i.e. you'd need 4 versus 20 booklets of five tickets). I'm obviously not understanding something?

The booklets come from Ski VT and contain tickets to every mountain in the state. If you want 5 more Stowe tickets you also need to take tickets to Suicide Six, etc.

yeggous

The website says there is a two ticket per mountain limit for VT. ski areas.

Yes, I am talking about the club ordering tickets. They buy a bunch to each mountain and then resell them to the members. Two tickets per mountain up to a total of 16 tickets per member for Vermont. You could double that if your significant other also joined. There are no limits on New Hampshire and Maine tickets.

Starting in December or so the limits are removed for remaining tickets.

ScottySkis

If the planets align and there's a Blue Moon on the 3rd Thursday of the month and we sacrifice a virgin, we might have a mini AZ NY Summit at WF/Gore.

I hope to be their to make turns with you again and who ever else can make it to gore.

//www.iskiny.com/ski-deals
https://www.iskiny.com/ski-deals
Ski Deals

ISKINY has a variety of programs and deals developed to help foster new and continued growth of skiing and snowboarding in New York State.

snowridetopdown.jpg

New York State has over 50+ ski resorts. Many of these resorts participate in both national and ISKINY programs and provide interested participants with a way to enjoy the winter months. For avid New York State skiers, the Gold Pass is a great value that allows one lift ticket per day to any participating resort throughout the season, while the ISKINY Ticket Program offers discounted adult lift tickets to many New York State resorts.
If you want to shout from the mountaintops how much you love skiing, consider getting a personalized NYS Ski License Plate. $10 from each plate goes to support winter recreation in New York State.
ISKINY Free For Kids Passport Program

The ISKINY Free For Kids Passport Program for 3rd and 4th Graders lets kids ski free with a paying adult (up to 3 times at each ski area) and/or learn to ski and snowboard for free (1 time free at each area plus a discount on a return visit). Click the here to learn more.
Discounted Lift Ticket Deals

You can purchase discounted lift ticket vouchers that you print at home for many areas around New York State. Click here to learn more.
January Learn to Ski & Snowboard Month

In most of New York State, winter is long. The best way to enjoy this long season is by taking advantage of the snow. One way ISKINY continues to grow skiing and snowboarding is through national and state-wide programs. The national program, Learn to Ski & Snowboard encourages kids and adults to learn how to ski and / or snowboard. Many ski resorts throughout New York State participate in this program offering deals on lift tickets, lessons and rentals. The Free for Kids Passport allows 3rd and 4th graders to ski free or learn to ski or snowboard at a participating mountain.
Ski & Stay

Enjoy our New York State ski resorts and lodging properties better and longer with our Ski and Stay packages. Participating ski areas offer up great packages during special weekends throughout the season. Click here to learn more.
Discover NY Ski Days

On December 19th and January 9th you can get a discounted voucher for a lift ticket for those two days only. At this time those days have past but we have other great deals as well.

NYS Ski License Plate

Get your own Ski Plate Today!

Read More

I Ski NY Partners

Newsletter Email Signup

Stay up to date on all things skiing in New York State. Sign-up for our conditions report and receive alerts when new programs and specials are available.

Email *
Mailing List to Sign Up For Press Releases
Ski Reports

chuckstah

Bretton Woods is selling $19 early season tickets valid every day 'til Dec. 19 They also have $35 midweek valid all season with holiday blackouts, and $65 anytime tix. For a limited time at brettonwoods.com

dlague

Dave157

VT Travel Club is offering $10 off their discount lift ticket card (reg $49) for Halloween (good through Sunday). Deals to Stowe, Sugarbush, Killington, Pico, Stratton, Okemo, Jay, Bolton, Burke, Sunday River, Mt Snow, Smuggs. http://goo.gl/10EsdL

Smellytele

VTKilarney

Bretton Woods is selling $19 early season tickets valid every day 'til Dec. 19 They also have $35 midweek valid all season with holiday blackouts, and $65 anytime tix. For a limited time at brettonwoods.com
Link is broken for me.