• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2014-15 Edition

Jcb890

Jcb I have verified what I said with officers of the various councils. I & others here have obtained discounts at the areas listed on the CSC calendar while our clubs don't belong to CSC. Yes they put out the best list but it's not limited to only their council.

So if I join a CSC club I can print out the list of NY days and still get the same discount on those days?
So if I join a NY club I can print out the list of CSC days and still get the same discount on those days?

I'm not doubting that you can get some kind of discount no matter the day. I just wonder if it is the same discount as the "other" club which you ("you" in general) do not belong to, yet it is "their" discount day.

Jcb890

Jcb890, keep up the good work. I've not ever fully understood the ski club thing either so your questions are good.
Appreciate your research. Steamboat1 can get quite cranky at times in here---

Thanks. Hopefully it will help at least 1 person going forward. If nothing else, I'm learning a bit more that I didn't know before, so I'll take it as a win. I'm assuming a lot of the general Club Appreciation days won't help going forward much since it is nearing the end of the season, but it will at least give an idea for next season on which mountains will offer these kind of days.

VTKilarney

Jcb,

Thanks for doing that research. Don't let the critical comments get to you.

Jcb890

No worries guys, glad to help! Also, if you check the "Closing Dates 2015" thread I added some additional information that I got from representatives from Okemo, Loon, Stratton and Sugarloaf.

abc

So if I join a CSC club I can print out the list of NY days and still get the same discount on those days?
So if I join a NY club I can print out the list of CSC days and still get the same discount on those days?

I'm not doubting that you can get some kind of discount no matter the day. I just wonder if it is the same discount as the "other" club which you ("you" in general) do not belong to, yet it is "their" discount day.
You're asked the same question about 4 different ways, the answer has been consistently: YES!!!

I'm one of those who took the information and did something useful with it rather than debating about it endlessly on the internet. I was a Metro club member. I went to Stratton's on a date that only shows up on the CSC list. Shown them my NY club sticker, got the exact same discount as other CSC folks. No question was asked.

Jcb890

You're asked the same question about 4 different ways, the answer has been consistently: YES!!!

I'm one of those who took the information and did something useful with it rather than debating about it endlessly on the internet. I was a Metro club member. I went to Stratton's on a date that only shows up on the CSC list. Shown them my NY club sticker, got the exact same discount as other CSC folks. No question was asked.

I was skeptical, nobody else said they had actually done this, only heard about it. Thank you for the great example. I'm surprised, but that's pretty awesome!

abc

I was skeptical, nobody else said they had actually done this, only heard about it. Thank you for the great example. I'm surprised, but that's pretty awesome!
It's ok to be skeptical. But there's no use to badger the original poster with question asked in 3 different ways!

Either he's a liar, which he'll continue to lie. Or he's telling the truth, which he will also continue to insist its truth. Keep asking the same question isn't going to yield any different answers!

The only sure way to find out is to go to the mountain and find out for yourself.

When I first became a ski club member 2 years ago, I called the first couple of mountains to verify too. I got 100% positive response. I've stopped calling the mountain these days. I just go there and show them my card. Not ever a problem.

steamboat1

It's ok to be skeptical. But there's no use to badger the original poster with question asked in 3 different ways!

Either he's a liar, which he'll continue to lie. Or he's telling the truth, which he will also continue to insist its truth. Keep asking the same question isn't going to yield any different answers!

The only sure way to find out is to go to the mountain and find out for yourself.

When I first became a ski club member 2 years ago, I called the first couple of mountains to verify too. I got 100% positive response. I've stopped calling the mountain these days. I just go there and show them my card. Not ever a problem.
It's very difficult getting through to some people. You wanna know something better? This Jcb guy doesn't even belong to a ski club or council. he's just trying to get over with his friends ski club card. Ain't that some shit.

Seems to be a crowd favorite though unlike myself.

Attachments

• Welcome-to-Brooklyn-Highway-Sign.jpg
    Welcome-to-Brooklyn-Highway-Sign.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

cliffl007

Joined today to share something I didn't see posted. Hope I didn't just miss it.

Looks like Bretton Woods will be $29 starting April 6th, 2015. Might need to buy online?

cliffl007

Bretton Woods PATRIOT'S DAY: April 20, 2015
" Join us for some spring skiing, lift tickets are only $17.76 AND receive a return voucher to kick off next season (valid through Dec. 18, 2015)."

Pretty good deal if its a nice Monday!

xwhaler

Joined today to share something I didn't see posted. Hope I didn't just miss it.

Looks like Bretton Woods will be $29 starting April 6th, 2015. Might need to buy online?

You are correct. $29 starting 4/6, website just says spring rates...no mention of online requirement. $49 tomorrow thru next Sunday.
I may do BW Sunday 4/12, it's been close to 20 yrs since I was last there.

Jcb890

I never thought he was a liar. I just was having a tough time grasping that they would allow interchangeable discounts for clubs which are supposed to be different entities with different discount days. With that being the case, it seems like it would be wise to join either club and then just obtain the list of discount days for the club which you did not join. Honestly, it makes joining the clubs and even better deal and a no-brainer.

I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, just wanted to be thorough and get a correct answer for not only myself, but for everyone to then use.

xwhaler

Bretton Woods PATRIOT'S DAY: April 20, 2015
" Join us for some spring skiing, lift tickets are only $17.76 AND receive a return voucher to kick off next season (valid through Dec. 18, 2015)."

Pretty good deal if its a nice Monday!
Planning to be there for this. Wildcat that Sunday PM 4/19, Bretton Woods 4/20. Got a condo in Jackson for 2 nights as a final family winter ski trip.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Burke
Wake up and come riding! The weatherman is calling for warm temperatures and our prices are at an all time low for our last week of operations!
Today: $35
Friday: $35
Saturday: $45
Sunday: $25

catsup948

Burke
Wake up and come riding! The weatherman is calling for warm temperatures and our prices are at an all time low for our last week of operations!
Today: $35
Friday: $35
Saturday: $45
Sunday: $25

They must be closing for lack of skiers. Next week could be pretty snowy up north.