• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2014-15 Edition

dlague

Maybe this one is buried further in this thread too, but the next one Google found for me:

http://www.killington.com/site/2for1/killingtonleaseadult50_25

Here is your voucher to Killington Resort good for one discounted adult 1-day lift ticket. Receive 50% off a midweek or 25% off a weekend/peak day lift ticket. Peak Periods: 11/27-30/14, 12/24/14-1/4/15, 1/17-19/15, 2/14-20/15. Voucher must be presented at ticket window upon arrival.
Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount.
Valid through 03/31/2015.

Got mine times three.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Well, it's not the skiing, but it's a beni you get when you buy snows...

Buy 4 Bridgestone Blizzak tires from October 15 – November 30 and if you guess the correct temp when the puck drops[SUP]†[/SUP]at the 2015 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic[SUP]®[/SUP], we’ll reimburse you for the cost of the tires! (Up to $720 on a Bridgestone Visa[SUP]®[/SUP] Prepaid Card[SUP]*[/SUP])

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
This thread seems to now be focused on tickets and passes. Since we're talking about cheap, let's talk about good deals on gear. Level9.com and Backcountry.com are both having clearance sales on last year's gear. I have no idea if the deals are good, but some seem to be.

BenedictGomez

This thread seems to now be focused on tickets and passes. Since we're talking about cheap, let's talk about good deals on gear. Level9.com and Backcountry.com are both having clearance sales on last year's gear. I have no idea if the deals are good, but some seem to be.

We talk about deals on gear in the Gear forum all the time. Pay a visit sometime!

moresnow

Dave157

Putting in a plug for Vermont Travel Club Card. It costs $49 for an individual and card holders get discounts at 11 Vermont resorts plus Sunday River. (Stowe, Sugarbush, Okemo, Stratton, Killington, Mount Snow, Burke, Jay, Bolton, Pico and Smuggs) Stowe for example is $68 Adult day pass (save $41) good any day and no blackouts. The deal is different at each resort but I think its safe to say that the card pays for itself in the second or third use. http://www.vermonttravelclub.com/

reefer

I may have to try this Crotched Mountain place out this year. This may be the first senior discount I ever use - Monday is $29.00 for 55+! Tuesday is $29.00 for everyone!

Tin

I may have to try this Crotched Mountain place out this year. This may be the first senior discount I ever use - Monday is $29.00 for 55+! Tuesday is $29.00 for everyone!

Be sure to, some of the best trees and side country in NH.

dlague

Putting in a plug for Vermont Travel Club Card. It costs $49 for an individual and card holders get discounts at 11 Vermont resorts plus Sunday River. (Stowe, Sugarbush, Okemo, Stratton, Killington, Mount Snow, Burke, Jay, Bolton, Pico and Smuggs) Stowe for example is $68 Adult day pass (save $41) good any day and no blackouts. The deal is different at each resort but I think its safe to say that the card pays for itself in the second or third use. http://www.vermonttravelclub.com/

If you dollar cost average it and the end result is paying more than $50 than IMO it is not worth it. Then again I only ski stowe one or twice and there are much better deals than that. - VT Ski 3/5 Pass and Ski Club days are a couple. Basically The Ride and Ski Card, VT Ski 3/5 Pass, Ski Club Days, as well as a few other deals all allow you to ski for less than $50 and most cases less than $40.

Savemeasammy

^If I could cherry-pick days at a place like Stowe for $50, I would be happy to. Some places are not worth a valuable ski day, even for a "deal".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlague

I don't know of any deals for Stowe less than $40. Please elaborate.

Ski club days are $44 & the VT. 5 pass is $41, VT. 3 pass $43.33333333333333333333..

I was not being very clear, that particular part of the comment was not aimed at Stowe that was aimed at other resorts on the list of places. For example, The Ride and Ski Card (RSNE) 2 fer at Jay Peak and Pico Sun-Fri or Mountain Sports Club 2 fer Sun-Friday at Jay Peak as well.

the VT. 5 pass is $41 - that is the best Stowe deal you will find without spending $1719!

The point is there are better deals out there than the Vermont Travel Card. That being said, if your goal is to not be limited to specific days or a single day and you would like to ski Stowe multiple times during the season - the Vermont Travel card works well. In fact, if you want to ski there often but < 25 days per year, you are better off using the that card than buying a season pass!

Actually quite mind boggling that you ski Stowe 25 times with their season pass and your average cost is still $68.

trackbiker

WNEP card now on sale.
Well here's one that went south compared to previous years. It used to include Gore and Greek Peak. Now it doesn't but is still the same price, $129.00. I likely would have bought it if it still had either but the ski areas on this card are so spread out and smaller mountains that no one is going to ski more than 4 of them and most only three. I know of at least 6 people who bought it in the past who will not be buying it this year.
http://wnep.nimbledeals.com/deal/moosic/wnep-ski-card-2014-2015

I hope that Gore not being on this card is not a sign that it will not be on the Fox44 card this year.