• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The endless winter in Colorado

SIKSKIER

A-basin still getting it with now over 400 inches after a few more May snowstorms.Wow.
From their blog:
Hopefully, this is the first of a few announcements extending the ski season. We are going to close for 7 day a week operations Sunday, June 1. We are going to re-open for 3 days Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, June 6, 7, and 8. While a lot can change with snow and weather over the next month, right now all indications are good for staying open even longer. If conditions remain favorable, and if people still continue to be excited about skiing and riding this summer, we just might extend the season even further. I

deadheadskier

Staff member
Yep, skied there on July 4th, 1993. I skied every month of the year in 1993. Hiked for turns in Colorado in August, hiked for turns at Killington on man made in late September as they opened October 1st that season.

Cornhead

What an amazing four days of skiing at A Basin! Not Spring skiing, Winter is still alive and well at The Legend. I was ready to pack it in at 3 yesterday when it began snowing so hard I was literally skiing blind on what was going to be my final run of the day. I decided to lap the quad until 4, actually got one run after. On one of those trips through the corral, the guy scanning tickets sees my pass holder's little Greek Peak logo and says "Greek Peak?", turns out he's a BU alum. Earlier in the day I shared a chair with a young lady who not only knew where Binghamton is, but my own little town, Conklin, it truly is a small world after all.

Can't wait to return next year to use the ridiculously cheap, $279, season pass I bought. Let's see, 4 days this Spring, 1 or 2 days next Winter, hopefully another May trip next year. The icing on the cake, 3 Taos tickets a $231 value.
uploadfromtaptalk1400191322261.jpg
Exhibition with a late day freshen

uploadfromtaptalk1400191388401.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1400191469085.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1400191552581.jpg
Montezuma, my first cornice drop, what a rush!

uploadfromtaptalk1400191649859.jpg
Sweet powder on day one.
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

snoseek

Ha, this will be one of those years where in the fall the high stuff on the ridglines will be the previous years snow??? Pics lookin nice!!!!

slatham

Awesome shots - wish I could get out there. We were at Breck for Easter and had a 15" dump and then another 3-4"! And to think we were worried about snow! it was prime mid-winter conditions!

Cornhead

Well I can tell cornhead left Colorado :(

View attachment 12644

Cat Karma baby, I'm glad I lucked out, dropped quite a few bucks to spend a week out there. I can't wait to return next year. It will be good motivation to get my knee straightend out, and lose some weight. I want to be able to do the hike to shit there, at Taos, and wherever else I end up skiing on that trip.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2