• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

If you could pick up Cannon and move it......

skiNEwhere

Is this some sort of passive aggressive way of trying to diss my posts? Sure sounds like it

octopus

i think my f350 could tow it, can't weigh that much after the ice melts off. i'd bring it to martha's vineyard.

witch hobble

Is this some sort of passive aggressive way of trying to diss my posts? Sure sounds like it

Oh please. I did not even realize until now that you were the OP of both threads. Don't take it personal.

To be honest, the pick up and move question is a good one, the Cannon thread seems like a bit of a troll to stir up some off season muck.

jimk

I often kid with other folks in the mid-Atlantic...if only Mother Nature had given us a couple 10,000 foot dormant volcanoes in our region?? One for the conservationists and one for Walt Schoenknecht to work on. :-D

Cannonball

On top of Loon. Would make for ~4,300' of vert, with a summit elevation at ~5,200'. Challenging terrain up top. Great base facilities at the bottom. Transition from the Gondola to the Tram at mid-mountain!

4aprice

Not that I would ever want to see the mountain moved (NH is just beautiful), but I would be interested to see what a huge mountain like Cannon would do snow wise if it was located say just east of Lake Onterio.

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Not answering the question, but along the same line of thinking. If the White Mountains were at 10,000 feet, they'd have permanent glaciers.