• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Semi finals Hockey NHL playoffs

drjeff

If the Rangers keep putting the puck on net like they did in game 1 - this series is the Rangers in 5 games!

Like I said in the now defunct Bruins 2014 playoff thread - Price looked way better on paper then he actually played in the Bruins series and was a HUGE beneficiary of a ridiculous number of blocked shots by the Habs defensemen AND the Bruins hitting, but not getting a favorable bounce, the goal post and crossbar iron at least a dozen times in that series.

By far and away as of yet, Price ISN'T the "hottest" goalie still alive in the cup. And as we all have seen many times over, the hottest goalie is often holding the cup in June!

JimG.

Staff member
If the Rangers keep putting the puck on net like they did in game 1 - this series is the Rangers in 5 games!

Like I said in the now defunct Bruins 2014 playoff thread - Price looked way better on paper then he actually played in the Bruins series and was a HUGE beneficiary of a ridiculous number of blocked shots by the Habs defensemen AND the Bruins hitting, but not getting a favorable bounce, the goal post and crossbar iron at least a dozen times in that series.

By far and away as of yet, Price ISN'T the "hottest" goalie still alive in the cup. And as we all have seen many times over, the hottest goalie is often holding the cup in June!

This I why I was glad when they got rid of Tortorella; they just did not shoot enough with him as coach.

Ranger power play could be a lot better; Lundqvist is hot.

JimG.

Staff member
That was a quick OT.

2-1 series lead, let's see how the Rangers respond. Tokarski won this game for MTL.

ScottySkis

i went to sleep before third period started. It was a much tigher game. A lot of callls i didnt agree with my the refs in first two peroilds. I expect this be a long seriers.

JimG.

Staff member
i went to sleep before third period started. It was a much tigher game. A lot of callls i didnt agree with my the refs in first two peroilds. I expect this be a long seriers.

Give their goalie credit. Let's see if he can keep it up.

Tight games are a good thing; I don't want any sweeps. I want the Rangers to keep playing, not sit around for 5-6 days after a sweep.

ScottySkis

OT win Hank thanks ror all the great saves. Awesoke that Martin Saint scores wonning goal in OT.:flag:

JimG.

Staff member
Another tough one. Opposite result from game 3 but the same kind of game. Big win for the Rangers.

JimG.

Staff member
Stepan, playing with a broken jaw (!!!), scores to tie the game 1-1. Go Rangers!

JimG.

Staff member
5-4 end second...Lundqvist pulled after going down 4-1, Tokarski gives it back.

Poor goaltending on both sides. Weird game, Stepan should break his jaw more often.

deadheadskier

Staff member
rough game

unfortunately, I think it's pretty obvious that the Ranger's will be without the services of Moore for the remainder of the series....equally as ugly and pointless of a hit as Prust from Montreal a couple games back.

As much as I'd love to see the Ranger's knock out Montreal in game 6, I've got a feeling this is going 7.