• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Semi finals Hockey NHL playoffs

ScottySkis

opI not surprise. both teams i tjink are better then most belive. Hank has to have average gamr every fee years it be a fun sdries so far. i tink we have do it next game at MSG . Game 7 ij Moontrellla w2ill be very tough Lets go Ragers.

JimG.

Staff member
Rangers have taken poor penalties.

The Moore hit was stupid, especially since Stepan had his best game of the series after the broken jaw.

I also believe MTL has gotten the better of the officiating which has been spotty as well.

ScottySkis

Hank with the shut ou:beer:r

What a vreat year it has been for NY hickey . i remeber our team from 20 years ago and think this team is also as good. Lets go Rangers.

Last edited:

JimG.

Staff member
Great win! Henrik comes back strong with the shutout! And no stupid penalties.

We get to really care about June hockey this season; now who will they play?

4aprice

Congrat's to the Ranger's. That's the way to shut down a team as Montreal didn't even muster a sniff in the 3rd. It's Lundquist's time to shine. Saves like the one in the 2nd win cups. The NHL (and NBC) must be salivating at the thought of a NY-LA, though NY-CHI won't be too shabby either.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

JimG.

Staff member
I fear both Chicago and LA...but I think I would rather play Chicago.

When LA plays well they are almost unbeatable.

ScottySkis

we need to sjppt puck more. Some of teak played well and soke not so much. i think Hank gets shut out for game 2 . Lets Go Rangers.

skiNEwhere

Gotta root for the kings since quick went to the same college I did. And let's face it, the rangers are a New York sports team. Rooting for them while originally being from boston is high treason

JimG.

Staff member
That was a very tough loss...Rangers played well especially in the first period but LA does not give up. They dominated the 3rd and you could see that loss coming in the OT.

Not depressed yet but LA lived up to my fears and they didn't even play their best.

4aprice

Rooting for them while originally being from boston is high treason

Ha ha. I've committed heresy all spring long. As a NJ Devil fan I should be rooting against the Ranger's but I'm not. 2012 swept the bitterness of 1994 away and now I feel as if Why should I root against them for some other team from accross the country that I couldn't care less about? Having the Ranger's in the final is good for the NHL. I know many long time faithful Ranger fans who are good folk and am happy to see them enjoying their ride. (I grew up a NYR fan as well before the Dev's). I still bleed Black and Red, and will get back to rooting against them in the next season, but without saying "let's go Ranger's" wish them and NY the best of luck.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

4aprice

Sorry Ranger fans but this is looking a lot like 2012. All you can do now is look at it as "one game at a time". Hey the Devs came back and took 2 before the Bernier penalty buried them so its not over till the final horn sounds.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

ScottySkis

Thanks 4aprice. It was good experience for them and for once we have a team of talented not over the hill players. I think this team will be good for a few seasons.

JimG.

Staff member
Not looking good I agree. Rangers have not gotten any breaks this series.

Just hope Rangers can prevent the celebration at MSG tomorrow.

JimG.

Staff member
Yup, no sweep.

Henrik was the best player on the ice.

And the Rangers got a few breaks tonight.

moresnow

Tough loss. The Rangers played well in OT but couldn't close the deal.

Nice to will the cup at home I guess.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

JimG.

Staff member
LA clearly played hard the whole series...so did the Rangers.

Those were all tough and very hard fought games. But the Rangers couldn't close the deal and they had as many chances as LA did. I say that knowing LA dominated the majority of the ice time. Plain and simple a better team.

Disappointed but head held high. They were a bounce or 2 away from playing another game.