• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

K's Last Day 5/22/14

deadheadskier

Staff member
That's why I said, "much of New England." The Poconos and Catskills had an above average year no doubt. Vermont and New Hampshire were below average. I'd venture that most of Maine was as well except for the northern part of the state where there are only a handful of mom and pop ski areas.

xwhaler

I'd venture that most of Maine was as well except for the northern part of the state where there are only a handful of mom and pop ski areas.

I was curious on this point so I checked Saddleback's website. They reported 192" this yr which is down from the 225" they say is their seasonal average. The benefit of Saddleback (and Sugarloaf) is they are so far north and the mtn orientation (SB facing NW) means that the snow retention is quite good.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
It was a below average snowfall year this season for much of New England. Killington averages 250 per season. They got 196 this year. All areas were also starting from a zero inch natural snow base in late January. Everything got wiped out in the January warm up.
That means an early start for next season. :daffy:

Newpylong

That's why I said, "much of New England." The Poconos and Catskills had an above average year no doubt. Vermont and New Hampshire were below average. I'd venture that most of Maine was as well except for the northern part of the state where there are only a handful of mom and pop ski areas.

Here in Central NH (Upper Valley), we received well more than the average for a snow year. We usually get lower than surrounding areas due to the low elevation and Conn River Valley. Was opposite this past winter.