• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Summer music festivals and or concerts 2014

mriceyman

I agree.. They had a checkpoint off of exit 20 and they were questioning every car that got if the exit. And it didnt get any better inside. I do festivals all over and mj is the worst with cops.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

crank

HMM. There were no police at all inside the festival,(Mtn jam) other than a few standing just inside the entrance. I did not visit the camping areas as we rented a house. People were smoking openly and everywhere.

deadheadskier

Staff member
and they got lucky, over 60 others did not

http://www.thedailymail.net/news/article_d5a9eea8-f0d6-11e3-ab97-001a4bcf887a.html

Two of my friends who no longer go made that decision because they were randomly stopped and had their back packs searched just trying to use the bathroom in a base lodge in the middle of the night because it was cold out and she didn't want to use a porta-potty. They had nothing on them, but to just be randomly stopped and searched by police when trying to use a bathroom is absurd.

crank

I never stay for late night. Maybe it's a different scene then. We use the lodge bathrooms all the time. Funny what a familiar feeling I get when I walk into that lodge. Been skiing Hunter off and on since I was 14... that is over 40 years ago now! I think it is not legal for the police to randomly search someone like that - unless there is some fine print on the tickets saying ou are subject to such a thing?

deadheadskier

Staff member
You want to know something else that's not legal? A judge making up an arbitrary fine for possession.

A few years back a buddy's friend had that experience. She forgot she had a small amount of MJ in her purse. She was searched entering the concert field, the MJ was found and she was hauled off to the judge right on site. The judge said she could either get a lawyer and challenge the case or pay an on the spot fine and return to the festival. She opted for the on the spot fine. Judge asked her how much cash she had on her. She said, "$180." He fined her $160 and sent her on her way.

This kind of extortionary Tijuana law enforcement practice is commonplace at Mt. Jam.

Sam Cutler (former tour manager for the Rolling Stones) attended this year and had the following to say about it:

https://www.facebook.com/sam.cutler/posts/10204130888056305

I'm sure many folks had a great time and had zero issues with the police and or onsite security. But, folks need to be aware of what goes on there before attending. It's unlike any other festival in the Northeast in that regard.

crank

Tijauna law enforcement sounds apt. We were stopped there once and had to shell out cash on the spot. Maybe MTN jam should charge an extra 10 or 20 per ticket and pay the authorities off. ai know a few folks who have had their stash confiscated at the entry , but nobody was charged or fined.

deadheadskier

Staff member
.......or maybe the promoters should consider moving the festival to a more welcoming community that doesn't have such crooked cops.

ScottySkis

.......or maybe the promoters should consider moving the festival to a more welcoming community that doesn't have such crooked cops.

Is their such a place in upstate NY? That why I like the Peach and Vibes the cops their know and see us smoking and know why they are their is not to stop pepple and give tickets for minor drugs.

[h=2]VIP EXPERIENCE[/h]
INCLUDES:
Access to the Concert
Private Gourmet Dinner
Access to Private Bar
Mixing with Musicians during the all day concert

[h=2]LAWN SEATS[/h]
Early Bird Ticket: $20.00 per ticket
Day of Ticket: $25.00 per ticket
12 and under free
INCLUDES:

Access to the Concert
Food Vendors on site

Beer & Wine Vendors on site

http://plattekill.com/events/roxfest-2014
This is one day at Plattekill you don't want to miss! -- Mark your calendars for Saturday, September 27 as Roxfest2014 COMES TO Plattekill!! Gates open at 11:30am
roxfestband1.jpg
roxfestband2.jpg
roxfestband3.jpg
for AN ENTIRE DAY of music on the mountain. Sponsored by GRLIC, a not-for profit organization working to promote eduction in engineering, science, technolongy and math in our small town community of Roxbury.
This will be a second annual event and looks to be BIGGER and BETTER for 2014.
For more detailed information and to reserve YOUR tickets click here!ematics, and innovation.

Site Search

* Email
First Name
Last Name
Zip
* Lists BIKERS
SKIERS
* = Required Field

- See more at: http://plattekill.com/events/roxfest-2014#sthash.4nA6yjDo.dpuf

deadheadskier

Staff member
Bridgeport is a dump for sure, but the police definitely turn a blind eye at GOTV. I think they realize the positive economic impact the festival has on the local community. If they caused problems, Ken could just as easily go back to ILCC.

ScottySkis

This is concert related

http://www.bethelwoodscenter.org/events/detail/dalebell
[h=1]Woodstock: The Film That Was Almost Never Made[/h] [h=2]2014 Summer Speaker Series[/h]
Dale Bell, associate producer of Woodstock (1970) and author of Woodstock: An Inside Look at the Movie That Shook Up the World and Defined a Generation, will discuss what it was like to document the Woodstock Music and Art Fair as well as produce one of the top grossing documentaries in the world. His discussion will lead guests to think about the impact of Woodstock in the media and our daily lives. Come and enjoy an inside look with Dale Bell before our film on the field presentation of Woodstock, The Director's Cut later that evening!
The Summer Speaker Series at The Museum at Bethel Woods is designed to complement and extend the scholarship in the museum galleries by presenting leading authorities in fields related to the museum's permanent and special exhibits. These events also allow for discussion among the audience members, allowing the chance for visitors to make connections and share their thoughts about different subjects.

[h=3]Showings[/h]

crank

Going to the Peach Festival in a couple of weeks. Get a double shot of Allman Bros.headlining Saturday and Sunday.

WoodCore

Went down to Bridgeport and caught the Saturday sets at the Vibes last weekend. Big day of music for sure! Kung Fu, Leftover Salmon, Rodrigo Y Gabriella, Dumpstafunk, Umphrey's McGee and Widespread Panic. Listened to the Disco Biscuits set on the way home. Good times and great music by all.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Vibes 001.jpg
    Vibes 001.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 68
  • vibes 002.jpg
    vibes 002.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 67
  • vibes 003.jpg
    vibes 003.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 67
  • viibes 005.jpg
    viibes 005.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 68

Edd

I follow Gunstock on Twitter. They tweeted this photo from Soulfest, a religious based music festival happening now. Good pic.

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1407569902.330447.jpg

crank

Highly recommend the Peach Fest at Montage Mtn PA. Relaxed Vibe. Kind of tough to get in and out of if you stay off site and don't pay extra for a parking pass. What is really fun is hanging out at the water park (included in ticket price) while listing to music on the mushroom stage and watching all the hippies walking around.

Lot's of Phisheads there for Trey.

ScottySkis

Highly recommend the Peach Fest at Montage Mtn PA. Relaxed Vibe. Kind of tough to get in and out of if you stay off site and don't pay extra for a parking pass. What is really fun is hanging out at the water park (included in ticket price) while listing to music on the mushroom stage and watching all the hippies walking around.

Lot's of Phisheads there for Trey.

How was ABB last show. I would have went if I had a job i glad you got out their sounds like a fun time.

crank

They played Eat A Peach Saturday which I enjoyed a great deal and Sunday was really good as well. Derek and Warren trading licks is about as good as it gets for me. ( I play guitar and have been an ABB fan since the mid '70's. Started going to sows when Eat a Peach came out so never saw Duane.) The one thing I really don't like about Peach Fest is the first hundred rows are for VIP only and then there are some rows of seating behind that that you need to buy tickets for . THe back half of the pavilion and the lawn are open. We had a friend there who had a seat ticket and we kept taking turns going up front where it was the least crowded for festival ever and the staff would let you go right up to the front of the center aisle to take pics. (I did not bring my camera) I parked on the side of the center aisle about 10 rows back for a few songs including Statesboro Blues with Taj Mahal singing.

If we go next year (depends on line up) we are going to look into renting and RV and also paying the extra $ for seats. Once up from tin the seating area it seemed like you could go anywhere.

We got there Saturday...I heard they put together a band with Joe Russo, Jackie Green, Joan Osborn, Jeff Chimenti, Trey Anastasio and a few others to replace the cancelled Ratdog set. Was told they were really good but played for less than an hour (6 songs).

ScottySkis

In two days see my friend who is a really cool style MJ DJ in NYC cheap drinks no cover or cheap .They are all really great and have played some awesome techno music at popular gigs around the us. including Burning Man
WEDNESDAY, AUG 27th, 2014 NYC music-underground-movement

Matias Jofre / Chris Schoedel / The House Cartel™ Present:

Momentum Happy Hour / Rite of Wednesdays

SUMMER NIGHTS in NYC ... Outdoor Sitting Open 6pm - 12aM Cocktails & Light Tapas

Special 4 Hour Extended Happy Hour Set [6pm-10pm] by:
-
TODD FATJO [ ]
-

Rite of Wednesdays [10pm - 4am] Presents:
-
PETER MUNCH [ FutureBound NYC ]
-
MATIAS JOFRE [ Momentum / RoW ]
-
DEREK SAMPSON [ EarPerfection ]
-
+ Special Guest

Hosted by Matias Jofre / Juan Velez / Steven Velez / Chris Schoedel / Oleg MaryAces

Happy Hour Specials 6 PM- 9 PM
$ 3 Bottle beers
$ 4 Well Drinks
$ 5 Margaritas

RiTE'S FB PAGE:
https://www.facebook.com/RiteOfWednesdays

Near the end of summer every year, about 100 miles north of Reno in the Nevada desert, tens of thousands of people gather for the Burning Man festival, an oasis for the most eclectic group of people on the planet.
This year the event sold out in 44 minutes, but when it all started as a summer solstice celebration in 1986, it was simply a gathering of a small group of friends. San Francisco-based artist Larry Harvey and a few collaborators built an eight-foot wooden man on San Francisco's Baker Beach and set it on fire.
By 1990, the event had become so popular that it was moved to Black Rock Desert in Nevada to provide more space for the masses.
Over the past few years, Burning Man has become more mainstream, with attendees from Silicon Valley, such as Google's ex-CEO Eric Schmidt, and celebrities like Diddy. This year, anti-tax crusader Grover Norquist is expected to partake in the festivities.
Tickets for Burning Man go for nearly $400, but that's about all you will spend, because once you're there, it's all about sharing. Nothing is for sale except coffee and ice.
The main attraction comes at the end of the week with a procession and, reportedly, an epiphany during the lighting of the Burning Man, a huge sculpture made by volunteers. Last year, it was 40 feet high.
Afterward, the whole gathering is gone without a trace.
Organizers say that trying to explain Burning Man to someone who hasn't been there is like trying to describe color to someone who is blind.
So, even if you're not burning in Nevada but just chilling at home, perhaps after you watch this video you'll be able to say, "Now I Get It."

10521058_736165346442428_8520838168930736235_n.jpg

Last edited: