• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Procrastination at it's finest

dlague

Over the past month we made a commitment to buy season passes for Cannon. However, while shelling out $1200 is not a huge deal, I thought I would be clever and purchase the passes one at a time. So I bought my sons pass first, then my wife's pass last week. I did not purchase mine because there was no purchase by date therefore indicating to me there was no price increase for NH Resident Military. In fact there has not been an increase in price for this pass in three years. So today, I decide it was time for me to purchase my pass and low and behold, the link to purchase my pass in disabled. I called them and they indicated that the pass prices are currently under approval and will be posted on June 9th. The woman indicated that even with a price increase it will be a good deal - which is probably true but ..... I could have purchased for less on Saturday.

They chose this year to increase it? Bummer!

Moral of the of the story - do not procrastinate - it may cost you money!

JDMRoma

I didn't buy mine yet either..........damn, oh well it will be cheeper than what I paid last year for the Superpass !

steamboat1

Purchased my pass for next season & paid in full April 27th even though I know for sure the cut off date for early season pricing is June 12th. Even signed the waiver agreement for next season already. No procrastination here.

LET IT SNOW!!!!

snoseek

Here's to hoping the increase is minimal.

Is this pass for active and inactive in state military? Just show up with an instate ID and a dd-214? How much?

I almost always wait till fall myself as its hard to figure out the exact logistics for the coming season and I'd rather hold onto my money as long as possible.

Bostonian

Is this pass for active and inactive in state military? Just show up with an instate ID and a dd-214? How much?

I almost always wait till fall myself as its hard to figure out the exact logistics for the coming season and I'd rather hold onto my money as long as possible.

I purchased my season pass for my local hill right before the prices went up $100. Now all I need to do is purchase my mug for the mug club next year and I am golden! It's so depressing though right now, no snow - no cold - no winter...

dlague

In state, active and former military yes NH ID and dd-214. It was $273 with no black outs - pretty damn awesome. Hoping that they decide to keep it the same or have minimal increase. It is hands down the best deal in New England.

JimG.

Staff member
Purchased my pass for next season & paid in full April 27th even though I know for sure the cut off date for early season pricing is June 12th. Even signed the waiver agreement for next season already. No procrastination here.

LET IT SNOW!!!!

+1

AdironRider

If I were a betting man, I would wager that they arent looking at NH resident veterans for their largest price increases.

dlague

Well, while I missed the May 31st deadline by accident, the punishment for procrastinating is not that bad. instead of paying $273 I now have to pay $289 - $16 and I get to wait until October 31st. However, I will buy it sooner. I can invest it and make up the $16.

At least I picked up my wife and son's passes before the deadline which saved us $43 and we picked up a couple comp tickets. Seems to me the price increase was minimal, almost nonsensical!

JDMRoma

from 599 to 621 and I have till December 14th.........not too bad.
I guess I will still do it..........