• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Charlemont Trails in Western MA

Website
www.nebackcountry.blogspot.com
I took a trip out there a couple weeks ago for my first ride on their trails and was mightily impressed.

You can park at Berkshire East and pick up maps at the gift shop there. They are open for the Zoar zip line/adventure course. The climbing is intense but manageable on ample switchbacks, and the descent down the backside on Billy's World was pretty spectacular. It mixed flow with some decent technical challenges.

Below is the link to my full write-up, and at the end you'll find some directions from a local NEMBA leader on a decent full day loop.

If you haven't been there yet I highly recommend it- especially for those travelling from points south. It really isnt that far off of 91. For those of us from the Boston area it is about a half hour closer than Kingdom Trails.

http://nebackcountry.blogspot.com/2014/06/answering-riddle-at-charlemont-trails.html