• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ragged Mountain installing at HSQ to replace Spear this summer

xwhaler

Great news, cant wait to get up there this season. This should really help drive some business away from Gunstock and Sunapee I think.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
I like the way they announce it. "We're putting in a new lift so hurry and buy a season's pass!" Got me thinkin bout it.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
A little odd to announce this in June. Still awesome! I need to get to Ragged one day. I've only heard good things about the glades in the Ravine and management seems to be doing an awesome job.

xwhaler

Hopefully the snowmaking can keep pace with the new lifts and terrain. I know they made some improvements last season but historically snowmaking and the ability to open acres of terrain early and fast has been an issue.

The new restaurant/bar in that Elmwood Lodge will be good too---total wasted space up there currently.

drjeff

A little odd to announce this in June. Still awesome! I need to get to Ragged one day. I've only heard good things about the glades in the Ravine and management seems to be doing an awesome job.

I don't think that there's anything odd about wanting to announce, and generate some buzz about a major capital expenditure likely in the 4 million or so range, that was probably in the works for a while, but just awaiting final securing of the funds to go forward with it (always a challenge in the ski industry these days). I'm sure they would of loved to announce this the last few weeks of their season, but couldn't be sure at the time that they'd be able to secure the capital needed to make it happen for the '14-'15 season

dlague

I don't think that there's anything odd about wanting to announce, and generate some buzz about a major capital expenditure likely in the 4 million or so range, that was probably in the works for a while, but just awaiting final securing of the funds to go forward with it (always a challenge in the ski industry these days). I'm sure they would of loved to announce this the last few weeks of their season, but couldn't be sure at the time that they'd be able to secure the capital needed to make it happen for the '14-'15 season

Probably provide a little boost to pass sales! Or even help undecided types who might consider Gunstock vs Ragged

Rikka

This is great news!!!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

xlr8r

This is a game changer for Ragged. I typically would do about 4x the amount of runs off six pack vs the triple. now when I go I will probably split my time evenly between the two peaks. This might also put enough pressure on Sunapee to finally replace the Sunbowl Quad with a detach.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
A little odd to announce this in June.

Not at all. It makes sense now that they mix the announcement with the pitch for season's pass. They moved up their deadline for discounted passes. This announcement builds excitement. Well, I'm excited ... but I'm also broke.

Savemeasammy

I went to Ragged once in 1990 or so. It was super-cold, and the skiing was pretty weak, and I left after a few runs... I've never had any desire to return, but now that I have young kids, I'm sure it will happen at some point. Is Spear any better (more challenging) than the main mountain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlague

I went to Ragged once in 1990 or so. It was super-cold, and the skiing was pretty weak, and I left after a few runs... I've never had any desire to return, but now that I have young kids, I'm sure it will happen at some point. Is Spear any better (more challenging) than the main mountain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the runs with the exception of the outer trail are better IMO!

i typed with my i thumbs using AlpineZone

canobie#1

Screw Sunappe!!!! Ragged for the win!!!!! Such an awesome day, funny I decided to wear my ragged shirt this morning. Ah the luck!

As for the june thing, they had to make the deal with doplymyer this week, so as soon as it was official they announced it.