• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ragged Mountain installing at HSQ to replace Spear this summer

deadheadskier

Staff member
As some Pinnacle trails have been cut, they really need to get that on the new trail map pointing out the future expansion. It would help generate some buzz for the area.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Do people hike up to Pinnacle? I wish I had a touring setup.

There is a hiking trail that runs from Proctor Academy across Pinnacle and Ragged Peaks. I've only read about it but no doubt threecy has hiked it many times. I wonder about the skiablity of Pinnacle's trails at this point. Might be very stumpy and .. uh well .. ragged.

canobie#1

Those lift poles were deff re-painted too. It looks much nicer. I would love a new name. Ragged Express?

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
So this is where the old spear lift went.

The chairlift is slow, and you are never far from the ground so it is great for those who are afraid of heights! At the top you will find young men offering to be your ‘guide’, and with just a few signs pointing vaguely in several directions and the boundaries being unmarked, many tourists will opt to hire them. But beware; as with Faux guides all over Morocco, they will not necessarily have any real knowledge or expertise. We would recommend a ski instructor, especially if you are a beginner or intermediate.