• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Michael Schumacher wakes from coma, leaves hospital

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
This is just wrong.

schumacher-2.jpg

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
What is? showing him skiing? Wearing sunglasses with Goggles on his helmet? The color pattern?

Leaning in. Hands at sides rather than ahead. I'd say that is 98% of all folks that consider themselves "expert".

And yes, sunglasses with goggles. Plus if he's racing here why doesn't he just wear his goggles?

dlague

Never really paid attention to form. I see what you mean but I can not judge since I too could be ripped apart.

i typed with my i thumbs using AlpineZone

BenedictGomez

On very challenging terrain, I fight to keep my hands forward too. Frustrates the helloutof me. As soon as they come forward, I'm the better for it. Pretty important.

Highway Star

Leaning in. Hands at sides rather than ahead. I'd say that is 98% of all folks that consider themselves "expert".

And yes, sunglasses with goggles. Plus if he's racing here why doesn't he just wear his goggles?

I disagree. While he could break more at the hips and be edging harder, it's not a drastic lean in. His arms are forward, the angle of the picture doesn't show it. Here's a better shot of him looking pretty good:

schumacher-skiing-file.jpg

So, call it low-advanced on a good day. However, it seems like he was getting better, based on the number of photos out there with poor technique:

http://news.asiaone.com/sites/default/files/original_images/Jan2014/schumacher-skiing-file.jpg

You also have to consider that he doesn't really look that secure on his feet. That's a really big issue for low advanced skiers in terrain/snow where you can be suprised by objects under the snow stopping the ski, the cause of the accident from what I understand. I've seen a good number of advanced level skiers have major problems in off the map trees because of this.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Okay, not so bad in this one. At least he's not wearing goggles AND sunglasses. But does he have to show off his sponsors? Are they paying him to ski? Wouldn't doubt it. One last minor thing - pole straps flapping in the breeze. It's not like he's skiing any tight trees here. Unless, of course, he just exited a tree run.

skiNEwhere

I find it amusing that the guy has been in a coma for 6 months and people are pulling up pics of him skiing so they can tear his technique apart. Must be near summer