• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sierra Trading Post

thetrailboss

Staff member
Will admit I am a fan. I've gotten some good deals over the past few months there on Mammut and other good brands. Being next door to Wyoming shipping is almost always fast.

I get their Emails almost daily and it can be confusing to figure out "when" is the best time to pull the trigger, but I usually can figure it out. So far I've only bought closeouts...I'm a bit wary about seconds.

Anyone else a fan?

wa-loaf

I use them now and then, the marketing emails are pretty insane everyday with some kind of extra discount or other.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Been a cuatomer of them for years, since the catalogue days. I have found that what Sy Syms used to say, "An educated consumer is our best customer" is even more true for STP. You can find some items at a really good price but on the other side of the coin, sometimes things are silly expensive. And, the special sales they always offer are good...esp if you can find an additional 35% off day.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I remember the catalogs. Similar to Campmor's.

I sometimes get 2-3 Emails a day from STP. I don't really mind. If anything it keeps the site on my radar so if I am looking for something I usually go there first. I also used their app over the winter to order something which is the first time I have ordered from an app.

They have a lot of stuff....sometimes too much. The other day I was looking for a replacement to my recently returned top and initially had a hard time finding anything comparable. Yesterday I tried once more and boom exactly what I wanted and at a good price.

And I also agree that sometimes...for whatever reason...some items are a bit too much. Their hard goods seem to be a good example. They had Head skis that are now 4 years old and they want a ton of money for them when you could get them on L9 for half the price.

dlague

They are one of my go to sites when looking for gear. However, I often return to Evo for price matching and an additional 10% off.

i typed with my i thumbs using AlpineZone

Puck it

I used them all the time along with Backcountry. They usually have better prices then anyone else on Mammut and Marmot. Love the extra 35% coupons.

wa-loaf

Just posted on facebook:

Use keycode SFB61814 to save BIG with an EXTRA 40% off, no min, until midnight (MDT) tonight!

thetrailboss

Staff member
Bump.

Looks like some of the perennial items I have seen are gone, as of tonight. Maybe some of it went to TJ Maxx? Maybe they took some offline for a while?