• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bluetooth earbuds for running

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hey guys,

anyone have any experience with bluetooth headsets for running? I usually run with an armband and regular headphones but it drives me crazy because the wires keep pulling out of my ear and bouncing everywhere. I'd like to put my phone on a waistband instead and just have a bluetooth headset. There are lots of reviews online but nothing really clearly for running. My wife got me some LG Tone Pro on father days but reviews seem like they are excellent for almost everything except the bouncing that happens when you go for a run.

BackLoafRiver

I'm been looking for something similar for the gym. The cord thing kills me. I can't tell you the number of times I have knocked my phone off the treadmill or had the cord get in the way.

These (http://www.amazon.com/JayBird-BlueB...sr=1-9&keywords=wireless+bluetooth+headphones) seem to get great reviews. The price, however, has me sideways. For $150, it better come with a bunch of free music.'

EDIT: CNET says these work well: http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-B...00DIOAM4Y/ref=psdc72_t2_B00B6ZGSVI_B00DIOAM4Y

dlague

gmcunni

i can't find it now to show picture but i got a dongle thingy that i plug my existing (traditional) headphones into and put in a pocket and the dongle connects bluetooth to my phone. works OK, $20ish.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
^that's an interesting option. Thanks.

The Jaybirds look awesome but yeah, $150 is outta my range. $60 or $70 tops.