• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stowe VT : June 1, 2014 – Skiing patches for 105 turns

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
Okay, I finally got around to finishing it. Just before the last Stowe (and Vermont) patch melts. Yes, there is still one patch left. Now I can focus on my next day.

Stowe VT via Toll Road : June 1, 2014 – Skiing patches for 105 turns

It’s not only about the skiing, it’s about the adventure and the variety of the experiences.

June turns : I’ve ridden the lift and ski numerous days at Killington in 1990s. I’ve also ridden lifts in British Columbia in 1988 and most recently in California and Oregon. I’ve even driven up Mount Washington on a couple of occasions or hiked to the Tuckerman Ravine. Heck last year, I’ve even skied a huge patch of snow in the Laurentians at Mont Avila.

How about car-assisted June patch skiing? Okay this isn’t as hardcore as some maggots chasing California patches, but it all belongs to the same passion and madness.

Toll Roads and Autoroad in the North East: Whiteface, Washington and Stowe. Today marked the first time I made the drive up Mt. Mansfield. Toll Road accessed skiing in Vermont? Is there such a thing? VT_Ski invited me to come see and ski.

Click link to read and see much more....
http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2014...oad-june-1-2014-skiing-patches-for-105-turns/

skiNEwhere

Very nice!

Do you know if K has any snow left on superstar as well?

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
Thank you everyone.

K had a contest to guess the last day of snow on the mountain. I believe they declared no more snow sometime last week.

I saw that also...I know from the web that Stowe still had one patch (the big air at the bottom - you see it my TR) this weekend.

I need to get July done...it is somewhat done, but I was left wanting more. Probably this weekend.