• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Off-season Steals

Brad J

Had a simular experience with Rodger's,I was trying to buy some Saloman Sentinals for $400 (an online price) but they would not budge from $480. I think its a very good shop with good service, If you have a warranty issue with an ebay purchase, I am sure you are out of luck. I also take chances with very good deals on ebay, evo ski's .com . but also buy a pair now and then from a ski shop in North Conway to build a relationship with. They alway discount items that I buy, mostly the going online price. (-20 to 30%) and when I have a question or problem they are always there for me.

thetrailboss

Staff member
It's a business deal that didn't go ahead. Happens everyday. Get your money back and start thinking about the ski season!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

dlague

Had a simular experience with Rodger's,I was trying to buy some Saloman Sentinals for $400 (an online price) but they would not budge from $480. I think its a very good shop with good service, If you have a warranty issue with an ebay purchase, I am sure you are out of luck. I also take chances with very good deals on ebay, evo ski's .com . but also buy a pair now and then from a ski shop in North Conway to build a relationship with. They alway discount items that I buy, mostly the going online price. (-20 to 30%) and when I have a question or problem they are always there for me.

Ski and Snowboard Liquidators in North Conway are like that in terms of working with you on price. We actually buy our jackets and pants from them, often.

Cannonball

I have had just the opposite experience with Rogers. They have been flexible about price and have often steered me towards better deals than what I was looking at. I assume in the cases described, they probably just couldn't justify taking a loss. They have also been super about repairs and service.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
I have had just the opposite experience with Rogers. They have been flexible about price and have often steered me towards better deals than what I was looking at. I assume in the cases described, they probably just couldn't justify taking a loss. They have also been super about repairs and service.

Well - they don't know me maybe like they know you. If I were in there a lot - spending money here and there it might be a different for me as well. As it is - I'm just someone off the street. I do not get up to Lincoln very much.

Edd

Love that store. Those guys are great.

Yeah, they carry a crapload of merchandise. I've bought a number of soft goods but never skis even though I've seen some incredibly tempting deals.

Once I was about to buy some goggles there and the employee suggested that I take them outside and check them in the sun. I do that and spot a defect in the lens that would drive anyone nuts. We check a couple of others and they had the same issue. Bummer, because I loved those goggles. I was glad he made that suggestion, though.

dlague

Yeah, they carry a crapload of merchandise. I've bought a number of soft goods but never skis even though I've seen some incredibly tempting deals.

Once I was about to buy some goggles there and the employee suggested that I take them outside and check them in the sun. I do that and spot a defect in the lens that would drive anyone nuts. We check a couple of others and they had the same issue. Bummer, because I loved those goggles. I was glad he made that suggestion, though.

We have bought poles, goggles, jackets, pants, snowboard boots, helmets bindings but never skis there - however they were willing to match an online price but I did not put the trigger. Will be back there for there tent sales in a week or so.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Bought boots and two sets of bindings there. Nice guys. They were willing to mount the bindings while I waited. Good deals abound and they know gear.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
I got the skis (Dynastar 94 Sultans) from Equinox Outfitters (eBay) in perfect condition yesterday.

So I headed up to Rodger's for my deposit. They were very nice about it. A very nice older girl told me they would have swapped my bindings for free ($70 otherwise) had I purchased them there (just as someone here had mentioned). I said that was why I called and if anyone had anyone told me that I certainly wouldn't have gotten them online. Still, they were not rude in anyway. We had a nice conversation and she gave me a check for the refund. End of story.

The skis are at Skifanatics now awaiting binding transplant.

Edd

Bought a new pair of 180 Blizzard Brahmas. $399 on SkiEssentials w/o bindings.

Edd

They're making a great ski these days.

I test drove these in exceptional conditions at Saddleback last year. I normally would prefer to try a variety of conditions but something felt very right about them.

Also, I was able to compare them back to back with my Kendos in the same snow, so I feel pretty good about it.

mishka

I test drove these in exceptional conditions at Saddleback last year. I normally would prefer to try a variety of conditions but something felt very right about them.

Also, I was able to compare them back to back with my Kendos in the same snow, so I feel pretty good about it.

they are 88 under food .....kind of narrow. Also have metal in them.

mishka

ahhhh as daily driver should be fine... I did most of last season on 86s Personally I don't like metal in skis it gives certain feel.... Carbon fiber much better imo

dlague

Well I picked these up last night! The price was right ($201.90) and if something else comes up that I like better within the next thirty days I can just return then for credit - Evo is good like that. These skis have gotten good reviews so for the money - worth a try - IMO. Got them in the 185 length.

dynastar-distorter-2014

timm

As an eastern daily driver, they are pretty practical, IMO.

Agreed 100%.

It's all personal preference ultimately but for me there are very few East Coast days where 88 is going to come up feeling too narrow.

Last edited: