There's nothin' like a Weber Grill!

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

There's nothin' like a Weber Grill!

Anyone else have a Weber grill? We have a Weber Genesis Silver-B with stainless grates. We actually use it on and off all winter, but we've been using it a ton this spring. Aside from the typical hot dogs and hamburgers, we do steaks, pork chops, chicken breast (boneless and split), etc. The best is vegetables on skewers - green and red peppers, mushrooms, zuchini, squash. Marinate that in italian dressing, or one of those garlic/herb marinades. Yum! :P

Another discovery this year was grilled shrimp. We get raw large shrimp and marinate them for 30 minutes in olive oil, crushed garlic, sea salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. We have this pan that looks like a frying pan with a bunch of holes in it. Work great for the shrimp!

Gotta love the Weber!
    I ski double black diamonds.

Yes, we've got one. And I've got chicken marinating right now for tonight. Yesterday it was grilled salmon with diced tomatoes and lemon pepper.

Don't have the stainless grates though, I think I'll look into that when I go for a new cover. We use it regularly all year and taking the cover off when it's frozen has taken a toll on it.

Thanks for the shrimp idea. Have to try that soon. Lobster tails are good too.

My wife and I are in the market for a Webber grill. We've been using cheaper grills for the past few years and can only get a couple of seasons out of them.

Any recommendations on where to buy a Webber at a reasonable price? We looked at Home Depot and Lowes and both stores have the same grills at the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by pepsi
    Don't have the stainless grates though, I think I'll look into that when I go for a new cover. We use it regularly all year and taking the cover off when it's frozen has taken a toll on it.
    Stainless grates are the way to go. My grill is in desperate need of a powerwashing, but still looks great after 2+ years outside 24/7. I've found the Weber cover to be virtually indestructable though. I'm surprised you need to replace it. How long have you had it?

BTW, what color do you have. Mine is blue.

Quote Originally Posted by TenPeaks
    Any recommendations on where to buy a Webber at a reasonable price? We looked at Home Depot and Lowes and both stores have the same grills at the same price.
    You're making a great move by buying a Weber over the cheap grills. These things are built to last and you should easily get 10+ years out of it. I paid $399 for our Genesis Silver-B (blue) with stainless grates. It also has two flip-up shelves which is nice. Call around to all the local Hardware store and see if you can find a deal.

Definitely also invest in the Weber cover for it too. It's very durable and ventilated which you would think be counter-productive. While it does let the grill get wet in heavy rain/melting snow, what it does is lets it dry out quicker. Other covers seal in moisture which can promote rust. But these are Webers we're talking about; there's not much to rust...

My sister got an absurd deal on a Genesis Gold-B via Amazon's Gold Box and some rebates - something like $450 with shipping so check there too.

I have a 2001 Weber Silver Genesis -B- also. It has been the best grill that I have ever owned. (I bought disposable Fiesta grills from Wal Mart for $60 on sale. They last 2 seasons with my cooking habits.)

The Weber cooks different than a regular grill. It took me a couple of grillings and reading of the instructions to get used to grilling with the lid closed.

Mine has the ceramic grates. It depends where you purchased it, at Home Depot they sold / sell it with the cast iron grates. I bought mine from a pool store.

Edit: As Greg said, invest in the Weber grill cover. They are not cheap, but if you are paying close to $400 for a grill what is another $40????

Thanks for the tips. I was thinking about visiting a couple local hardward stores this week and have not yet looked online. I was expecting to pay around $400, so if I can find a grill cheaper all the better. Good to know about the cover too.

Quote Originally Posted by pepsi
    grilled salmon with diced tomatoes and lemon pepper
    You gotta post the recipe for this. I have yet to try fish on the grill, and I love salmon. My wife's not big on it, but perhaps Webered salmon would change her mind.

Sigh, I miss my old apartment (where I could have a grill)...
    Skiing combines outdoor fun with knocking down trees with your face. - Dave Barry
    Waterville 11/30; Loon 12/7; Cannon 12/13, 1/17, 2/23; Sugarloaf 12/20, 21-22; Bretton Woods 1/3; Jay Peak 1/24-25; Heavenly 2/9; Squaw Valley 2/10-2/11; Wachusett 3/3; Sunday River 3/7-8

For all you grilling fans - try the Paul Prudhomme "Poultry Magic" and "Veggie Magic" rubs on any grilled fish, meat or kabobs. Yum.....

Thread Information