• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

There's nothin' like a Weber Grill!

Geoff

I know that this is an old thread, but whatever...

Just replaced the grates and flavorizer bars this past weekend. Went with the cast iron enameled grates which are sturdier than the originals. Realized that while I did replace the drip tray on occasion I never cleaned the bottom tray. Had to take the shop vac to clean out all of the gunk...:oops:

I need to do that. My grates and flavorizer bars are all rusted. I like the cast iron enameled grates better than stainless so I think I will stick with them.

I'm in something of a grill rut this summer. I can buy swordfish for $5.25/pound in New Bedford so I'm having a tough time buying anything else to toss on the grill.

Geoff

that's a great price on swordfish

cast iron is definitely the way to go.

An amazing fish market opened up recently in New Bedford. They're only open Thurs, Fri, & Sat. If you go in on a Friday late-afternoon or a Saturday, you'll usually have around 30 people in line ahead of you. I've been running over late-morning on Thursdays. Everything is really fresh and the prices are really low.

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091203/NEWS/912030325

I'm going to die of mercury poisoning in a couple of months from all the swordfish and tuna but it's worth it.

Greg

Staff member
I still have the same grill. It looks a little shoddy, but still not in any need of being replaced. And the cover rotted out so it just sits out there now in the elements....

thetrailboss

Staff member
We have a Weber Grill and have used it this year a lot. It is very well built and cooks well. Love it. As to model, I don't know, but it is a great rig.

Grassi21

I am at the point where I have a grill quiver. I have a cheap Brinkman smoker that I modified. Next up are the Webers. For gas I have Weber Genesis Silver. For the wood charcoal, a Weber Kettle One Touch Gold 22.5". I am lacking a quiver pick at the moment. I have a BBQ cooking comp in less than 2 weeks so the kettle grill has been getting quite the work out lately.

2knees

I am at the point where I have a grill quiver. I have a cheap Brinkman smoker that I modified. Next up are the Webers. For gas I have Weber Genesis Silver. For the wood charcoal, a Weber Kettle One Touch Gold 22.5". I am lacking a quiver pick at the moment. I have a BBQ cooking comp in less than 2 weeks so the kettle grill has been getting quite the work out lately.

this post is pure comedy gold :lol:

deadheadskier

Staff member

I've got a gas grill and then the Orion.

Ultimately when I have the space for it, I'd love the Chargriller Duo with a side Firebox. Everything covered for one's pursuit of glutony in all on four wheels.

grill.jpg

Grassi21

I've got a gas grill and then the Orion.

Ultimately when I have the space for it, I'd love the Chargriller Duo with a side Firebox. Everything covered for one's pursuit of glutony in all on four wheels.

grill.jpg

Very nice...

Hitting the store shortly. Grilled pork chops with a grilled apricot and ginger sauce over some kind of starch..... maybe a fried shallot garnish.... TR later tonight :)

ctenidae

I've got 4 grills at the moment- A cheapo Brinkman smoker, an Orion, and a Weber gas grill in CT, and a Ducane gas grill in Boston that I wish were here. You can smelt iron in that thing.