• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What the heck is going on at Magic?

Tin

JRMagic has been running around the Lower East Side since Midnight only wearing only his black Mets while carrying a beer funnel and 30 rack of Bud.

mets20fan20streaker1.jpg

jrmagic

JRMagic has been running around the Lower East Side since Midnight only wearing only his black Mets while carrying a beer funnel and 30 rack of Bud.

mets20fan20streaker1.jpg

Ohhh damn... well althoughI'm a huge Mets fan. The running around the lower east side underdressed (which noone wants to see lol) business is cause I saw that fixing the flags caught management's attention and was on the work list!!

Tin

The Upper Pass Lodge is running a Living Social deal again. Code 20OFF gets an additional discount by midnight tonight.

http://www.livingsocial.com/deals/1...hare-post-purchase&rpi=201370806&rui=88527699

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Thanks! Just looked into it and it was actually cheap and easier to schedule with hotels.com. $76 a night the Sunday to Tuesday before Christmas. I figure if Magic doesn't have snow we will head to Pico. They only had one room left in that window. Hope people are looking at availability before purchasing instead of planning on that holiday window.

xwhaler

Website updated. Both chairs available and running for opening day is very good news.
Season passes available at Fall Prices until 12/1

Tin

Are they not planning on opening for Christmas week until 12/26? The holiday white-out pass does not start until then. Do they not realize many schools begin the holiday break on 12/21 and are off that week?

slatham

Tin, I think you're jumping to conclusions. Holiday pricing usually doesn't start until 26th because most people are still home for Christmas and the mountains are relatively empty. Given snow I would expect Magic to be open on Thursday 24th.

Newpylong

Are they not planning on opening for Christmas week until 12/26? The holiday white-out pass does not start until then. Do they not realize many schools begin the holiday break on 12/21 and are off that week?

It depends on where their school revenue comes from. If it comes from programs where kids are signed up ahead of time as long as they meet their obligation (whether that's 12/26 or 12/24, whatever) then they won't lose much. If they get a lot of it just in walk ups then it might hurt them.

Magic

Most schools other than college begin holiday the 24th. In the past they wanted to "preserve the snow" for after Xmas. Pray for a dump and go with the flow...

Tin

Most schools other than college begin holiday the 24th. In the past they wanted to "preserve the snow" for after Xmas. Pray for a dump and go with the flow...

Almost all of RI and many in CT have all Christmas week off.

slatham

Tin, I may be mistaken. I have looked again at the Whiteout Pass and I agree that since it starts on the 26th it implies they aren't open 24&25. I do recall in prior years they were not open those days, though the snow was less than stellar so that might have been a factor. But my point still stands - the 24&25th are very lightly travelled, which is why most areas sell normal tickets on those days and the "Holiday" period starts on the 26th (Stratton and Bromley for instance). So it would not shock me that Magic doesn't open (actually "re-open" as we all hope they are open weekend of 12/19-20) until Saturday the 26th.

With regard to vacations, my kids school had the full week off last year leading into Christmas due to Christmas falling on a Thursday. This year, however, with Christmas on Friday, schools have off on Thursday and Friday, not the whole week. Of course they do have off the following week.