• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What the heck is going on at Magic?

doublediamond

It was my understanding companies vote based on share ownership. So in a 2-person ownership group, the majority owner basically gets their way.

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
Buyers doing due diligence will often talk to all owners and top level employees. If they get the impression the product is worth less than the asking price that can affect their offer and the majority owners willingness to sell.

This is only one example of a minority owners influence.

slatham

Pretty clear to me that while the minority owner might have resisted the sale, the final "no go" was from the majority owner.

Again, very confused about all the good work being done yet nothing from management to send out the word and generate pass sales and positive buzz. As I think back over the years, usually there was a lot of talk and not as much action. Now the opposite. Go figure.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Tom Walsh, who owns a condo on the mountain was the one to report on FB the information posted by Sorcerer (!) Tom is very fair on his observations and very up to date on what is going on. He made a commitment buying a condo there and I don't see him leaving anytime soon. I see Tom once or twice a year. Based on his report, there is no reason to dispute whether the resort will open or not. They would not have invested so much work into the lifts if they did not plan on opening.

makimono

Can't wait to get up there Saturday and help clear out some shots!

I guess in the end there's no level of fucked-up that "Magicment" can achieve that will make me ski Stratton instead...but I'm sure they'll keep trying. :slap:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Tom Walsh, who owns a condo on the mountain was the one to report on FB the information posted by Sorcerer (!) Tom is very fair on his observations and very up to date on what is going on. He made a commitment buying a condo there and I don't see him leaving anytime soon. I see Tom once or twice a year. Based on his report, there is no reason to dispute whether the resort will open or not. They would not have invested so much work into the lifts if they did not plan on opening.

I'm sure having two operating lifts makes it much more attractive to sell , but for this season, I'm not so worried.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Again, very confused about all the good work being done yet nothing from management to send out the word and generate pass sales and positive buzz. As I think back over the years, usually there was a lot of talk and not as much action. Now the opposite. Go figure.
Magic's marketing has been sub-par for years quite frankly. They could do a lot more, even with limited resources if they hired the right marketing person. Marketing is a lot more than a web page, Facebook and an appearance at the ski show. Even though I've given them my email address on countless occasions, I can't think of the last time I've gotten an email from them.

PearlJam09

Website
www.leaveyourfeet.net
Magic's marketing has been sub-par for years quite frankly. They could do a lot more, even with limited resources if they hired the right marketing person. Marketing is a lot more than a web page, Facebook and an appearance at the ski show. Even though I've given them my email address on countless occasions, I can't think of the last time I've gotten an email from them.

They were doing well on Instagram a month ago. Consistent posting habits, increased follower base. Fell off recently so who knows what's going on up there. Typical shenanigans.

slatham

Hummmm.....I keep a pretty close eye on the Alpine Update (as do others) and I do not recall seeing that so will call foul on the 8/31/15 date stamp. I use to automatically get an email every time there was an Alpine Update but that has not occurred of late.

I too am encourage by what Tom Walsh wrote and the pictures he posted. I look forward to seeing some of this activity, and hopefully hearing directly from Tom Baker, this Saturday at the volunteer day. Will report back.

Makimono, Do Work, I look forward to seeing you guys Saturday. Any other AZ'ers going?