• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What the heck is going on at Magic?

drjeff

Dr Jeff totally off topic but I just saw your avatar. I've been up to treehouse a couple times in the last month stocking up. Their beer is incredible.

The fine folks in Monson are doing some GREAT stuff these days for sure!! :beer:

prsboogie

I was taken with how powerful Draiman's voice is. I've been listening to them from day one (The Sickness) but this was beyond.

chuckstah

I was taken with how powerful Draiman's voice is. I've been listening to them from day one (The Sickness) but this was beyond.

Same, and I'm an old bastard. Grown kids hate that I like some of the same music as them.

slatham

Well that is just absolutely classic. Did I hear Do Work and Rusty Groomer on harmony? JamaicaMan keeping the rythym on drums? And I assume thats you singing and on lead guitar? Sounds like the BLT has a house band for the SNOWY season of 16/17!

Moe Ghoul

what does a successful Magic Mountain look like?

Repairing or replacing lifts so they are reliable = x amount of money
repairing/upgrading/expanding snowmaking/ grooming that can produce a lot in a short amount of time = x amount of money
Guarantee Xnumber of ski days for season pass buyers, since it sounds like a lot of the regulars are on the fence or out the door.

Not sure what needs to be done with the lodge and bar, but good bar food helps.

Add that up, then add a realistic amount for capitalization to get the season started.

That would be a good start.

slatham

I think so - a derailment could happen quickly, a consummated deal will take time. So thus far no derailment.

I also saw on the FB page a recent reply to a question on July 4th Fireworks that said the BLT being open was questionable as the transaction might not be fully executed by then. So expectations are that this deal won't be done for some time yet.

drjeff

It's probably something like this......

The 2 parties basically agreed in principle to the deal with maybe enough words to fill up 1/2 a sheet of paper. Then they conveyed this info to their respective lawyers, who are still in the process of turning that 1/2 a sheet of paper worth of words into some 173 page document that says the exact same thing, except in lawyer-speak so they can justify all the billable hours they'll charge for the 1st draft and then any subsequent edits :rolleyes:

If all of this goes "quickly" in lawyer time, the same agreement that was agreed in in principle probably a month or so ago now, will be ready to sign somewhere around Labor Day :rolleyes: