• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What the heck is going on at Magic?

dlague

Ok today magic sucks! Too many people no lift capacity. Hoping the lift line gets shorter. Last run after lunch 35 minutes in lift line.

Savemeasammy

Ok today magic sucks! Too many people no lift capacity. Hoping the lift line gets shorter. Last run after lunch 35 minutes in lift line.

This is good news for magic - not so great for the skiers/riders... Hopefully Magic is making plenty of money this season so they can get black running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xwhaler

I just wonder how many 1st time Magic folks get so frustrated by the lift lines on 1 lift and don't return? That's the worry with excessive lines there

Smellytele

I just wonder how many 1st time Magic folks get so frustrated by the lift lines on 1 lift and don't return? That's the worry with excessive lines there

I know. I was going to bring a Magic virgin on Monday but I am having second thoughts. i don't want to scare him away from a great Mtn.

makimono

The Magicment should set up a bar in the Red Line line...that would smooth any complaints, may not be exactly legal though haha....I bet an enterprising skier could make some big bucks with a backpack of Heady Toppers on a powder day :razz:

steamboat1

The Magicment should set up a bar in the Red Line line...that would smooth any complaints, may not be exactly legal though haha....I bet an enterprising skier could make some big bucks with a backpack of Heady Toppers on a powder day :razz:
I think it's legal. Pico has a hot dog shack at the base of the summit lift that also sells beer. Same thing early season at the base of the North Ridge chair at K. The one at Pico has an area roped off with outdoor chairs & a fire pit.

rocks860

We just drove by on the way to where we're staying and saw a hoard of racers. I hope the cold tomorrow keeps some people away. I really don't want to be waiting in line that long in that cold

Kleetus

Lines were def bad today at Magic. That being said last year with only the black chair running they were even worse (45+). Lines never exceeded 35 min for me today and it wasn't til mid-late morning that they got bad. Last year if I recall it was pretty much from the start.

I tried to ski today to avoid the race tomorrow only to find the race was re-scheduled for today (queue sad trombone). Still was fun anyways. Hopefully the wind holds won't be too brutal at Mt. Snow tomorrow.

Lines at the Black Line Tavern for an Après beer, however, were unacceptable...30 min just to order a pint...they were swamped though so I'll give them that.

In Spite of all the waiting I drove away with a smile on my face...Magic with good snow always delivers.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

rocks860

Ah I didn't know they rescheduled the racing til today. We're most of the lines due to the racers or was it just packed

jrmagic

Ah I didn't know they rescheduled the racing til today. We're most of the lines due to the racers or was it just packed

Anytime you add 100+ racers to the line at the same time, it hurts the wait time. I wasn't there today but it was pretty busy last week. Add in holiday weekend with snow in the flatlands and I'm sure it was very busy. I will find out firsthand tomorrow.

Last edited:

slatham

The racers tip the balance on an otherwise busy but manageable day with only one lift. I would expect tomorrow with cold and no race to be better. Monday and the rest of week should be very manageable if not empty. I would not be affraid to bring a first timer. Hope to be there Tuesday. Maybe Monday.. And on and off through the week.

As for Black, as I understand it there were some differences of opinion on how to address issue. They now know the way forward but not enough time for Pres week. Maybe not this season at all. Given snow and crowds I am hopeful everything - including some snowmaking issues that came up - gets addressed this summer.

Abominable

It was ski on from 830 until about 10 o'clock, most we waited was 15 minutes late morning, maybe 20 after lunch. We timed it. Happy to see lots of people getting after it and we were still getting shin deep dry powder, untracked turns, within sight of the lift (woods, obv) Hoping for a refresh overnight - tomorrow should be great.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone