• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What the heck is going on at Magic?

RustyGroomer

I'll be there bright & early. Hoping for a good surface. Tons of snow Sunday. I'll try to get a report soon.

C-Rex

Thinking about the Friday after Christmas. I want to stay away from the the insane crowds of gapers and their spawn. Hopefully they'll get some refresher snow between now and then.

RustyGroomer

Thinking about the Friday after Christmas. I want to stay away from the the insane crowds of gapers and their spawn. Hopefully they'll get some refresher snow between now and then.
I'll do my best to give you guys some reports. Honest reports. I'll be up there this Friday through Jan 5th. Skiing pretty much everyday.

jrmagic

I'll do my best to give you guys some reports. Honest reports. I'll be up there this Friday through Jan 5th. Skiing pretty much everyday.

Saturday is definitely out for me. Hopefully I can make Sunday. If not I'm coming up on the 26th and will be there at least until the Saturday following New Years. Looking forward to making some turns!

rocks860

May be there on the 27th definitely will keep a close eye on this thread for updates

Last edited:

Ski Till I Die

Website
www.skitillidie.com
I might try and make it up to lend a hand. What day/times? Is it cool to just bring your muscles if you don't have the tools?

Might be the nicest thing Ive ever heard you say!

Bottom line... sounds like they're headed in the right direction. Im excited to get up to Magic this year... try to make at least 2 mecca trips there a year. It just has it's own unique identity that I know IM not alone in my sentiment when I say - I hope it never changes.

MadMadWorld

Might be the nicest thing Ive ever heard you say!

Bottom line... sounds like they're headed in the right direction. Im excited to get up to Magic this year... try to make at least 2 mecca trips there a year. It just has it's own unique identity that I know IM not alone in my sentiment when I say - I hope it never changes.

You caught me during a weak moment

RustyGroomer

Ok. Just heard very little r**n & 1" new last night. I'll take it. What the mountain looked like Saturday am.
10858559_10205703743136502_545637423031314561_n.jpg

RustyGroomer

Nope. I do my best to keep you all posted. Last weekend the mountain had a ton of snow on it. My only real concern is what this thaw/freeze will do to the surface. Snow depth should be plenty. The grooming "fleet" might have a hard time laying it down. Hoping they get a good amount done.

Tin

RG go on a black ops mission and take all the ropes down tonight and go to every hardware store within 20 miles and buy all the rope they have. Magic will be forced to open at 100%.

C-Rex

RG go on a black ops mission and take all the ropes down tonight and go to every hardware store within 20 miles and buy all the rope they have. Magic will be forced to open at 100%.

Or you could just duck...

Anyone have any idea what conditions will be like this weekend or how much will be open?