• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What the heck is going on at Magic?

slatham

It's going to be Magical. Wish I could be there Wed but should make Sat. Let's hope, like the last 2 years, we're now locked in until April!!

KustyTheKlown

yesterday at magic ruled. they reported 6", but it skied more like 10", sometimes more. entire place was open except for top of black line and magician. trees were in great shape. place was empty. the website for the NE ski and ride card said $35 powder days but the actual deal is $39 fridays, $10 off weekends, no powder day discounts. but i kind of guilted them into charging me $45 (the rate for some ski club in their computer system) and the obliged.

slatham

Hope to finally make it Saturday. Maybe tonight/tomorrow's snow refreshes the powder stashes?

jrmagic

yesterday at magic ruled. they reported 6", but it skied more like 10", sometimes more. entire place was open except for top of black line and magician. trees were in great shape. place was empty. the website for the NE ski and ride card said $35 powder days but the actual deal is $39 fridays, $10 off weekends, no powder day discounts. but i kind of guilted them into charging me $45 (the rate for some ski club in their computer system) and the obliged.

It was skiing very well last weekend before the storm so I can only imagine how good it is now. Glad you enjoyed.

Hope you find a stash or two Rusty. I can't get there until Saturday but I'm looking forward to two days of goodness!

bdfreetuna

Pretty stoked to go tomorrow. Seems like the only logical decision to avoid the brunt of the brutal cold. My Dad wanted to go to Pico, I told him no way in hell will you find me on the summit of any large mountain tomorrow. And also ski fresh snow in the trees / stay sheltered from the wind all day.

So there is a Ski The East qualifier there tomorrow. Do you think they'll run both chairs? Could there actually be a crowd at Magic for this?

rocks860

Pretty stoked to go tomorrow. Seems like the only logical decision to avoid the brunt of the brutal cold. My Dad wanted to go to Pico, I told him no way in hell will you find me on the summit of any large mountain tomorrow. And also ski fresh snow in the trees / stay sheltered from the wind all day.

So there is a Ski The East qualifier there tomorrow. Do you think they'll run both chairs? Could there actually be a crowd at Magic for this?

Last year they had to shut down the black chair during the ski the east stop there. Apparently the state inspector said they were in violation of some regulation because of how low the chair was relative to the course... Which sucked because you couldn't watch the comp

chuckstah

The qualifier is on Red Line? Will the Black Chair run? Has it all year? I am trying to decide where to go, and can't get these answers from the website. It would be nice if the site was updated twice a day! Love magic.

chuckstah

Tomorrow is the Jr qualifier on Red Line according to website. The main event last year was definitely on Black Magic/Line.

RustyGroomer

Finally a pic from today. It's Good!

Attachments

• IMG_3244 (2).jpg
    IMG_3244 (2).jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 80