• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What the heck is going on at Magic?

Savemeasammy

It's probably going to be "too cold" on Sunday for my wife. Looks like I don't need to spend most of my day on groomers... Oh darn. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
http://unofficialnetworks.com/2015/02/vermont-ski-hill-radically-expands-uphill-policy VERMONT SKI HILL RADICALLY EXPANDS UPHILL POLICY
Magic Mountain, located in Londonderry Vermont, has radically expanded their uphill skiing policy. From now on, it appears that skiers and snowboarders who hike the hill will be allowed a second run on the house, essentially a single ride lift ticket free of charge.

Does this mean they are going to start checking for lift tickets now? ;)

reefer

It seems to me that it makes more sense to open on Monday instead of Thursday no? You could get more three day weekend skiers that way I would think.

They were doing Mondays for a while. No one ever stayed..................
Switched to Thursdays recently. Thursday is much better for me, especially for $20.00!
Still no-one there.
90% certain I'll be there tomorrow chasing down billski.

xwhaler

IMHO if Mondays and Thursdays are dead they should consider scrapping both but being more flexible about deviating from their 6" at base lodge at 8am to open for a powder day rule.
Seems there has been a lot of folks who would have gone this past Monday had they opened as a 4" powder day or whatever.

RustyGroomer

What people don't understand is the 6" falling from the sky is the easy part. Getting personnel to work is a bit harder. These "powder days" are sometimes difficult to get a crew.

MMP

by golly i sure would like them to open whenever i get a day off. boy, oh boy would that be convenient.

facebook should invent a game like farmville but with ski areas, where all the experts can run their own resort. good times. But not a resort that loses money as part of a conglomeration; a business that makes money, and pays wages and provides benefits, and pays taxes.......

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I feel like Billski should ride in on an Ox or something. :)
Uh, duh, I don't get it. Are you thinking I"m a great spiritual leader?

attachment.php

Attachments

• barney-fife.jpg
    barney-fife.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 182

jrmagic

They were doing Mondays for a while. No one ever stayed..................
Switched to Thursdays recently. Thursday is much better for me, especially for $20.00!
Still no-one there.
90% certain I'll be there tomorrow chasing down billski.

I never specifically asked but I was thinking moving to Thursday tl last year was more about the timing of the Christmas/New Years week so the mountain would stay open from Christmas through the weekend following New Years Day. Perhaps they kept it because they are getting more people showing early than staying for Monday. Reefer is right though, traffic on Mondays was extremely light.

RustyGroomer

Benefits? Wages? Taxes? I thought we just ski there? What's with all the nonsensical BS?

RustyGroomer

Just having some fun Billski. More about your heritage. I enjoy reading your FB posts. Really I do.