• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What the heck is going on at Magic?

MMP

Well then let's all just pass out participation medals regardless of outcome.

Nice idea, sure. There's no one to ensure that proper flag etiquette is adhered to, there no lights, and now there's an expectation that "the mountain" will fix the poles. Well I hope they do. Maybe instead of fixing up the black chair. Then those of us that actually ski at Magic can have something to look at while waiting for the red chair. At least there's music over there.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Well then let's all just pass out participation medals regardless of outcome.

Nice idea, sure. There's no one to ensure that proper flag etiquette is adhered to, there no lights, and now there's an expectation that "the mountain" will fix the poles. Well I hope they do. Maybe instead of fixing up the black chair. Then those of us that actually ski at Magic can have something to look at while waiting for the red chair. At least there's music over there.

You sure are bent out of shape over this flag donation. It's not like Bill donated a confederate flag or something. For the life of me I can't figure why this has you so upset.

MMP

No huh? I can't state it any more clearly, so you'll just have to wonder.

deadheadskier

Staff member
If you think Bill's flag donation would have an impacting drain on resources to do other projects at the mountain, I think you're quite mistaken and over-reaching.

Fixing a Flag Pole and the Black Chair repairs aren't mutually exclusive.

Let it go man. It really isn't that big of a deal worthy of getting so crabby.

MMP

Unless you think those poles are going to fix themselves, the opportunity cost of doing so and any perceived mutual exclusivity of that opportunity cost aside, you are being naive.

Were you a shareholder?

Last edited:

steamboat1

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1150.JPG
    IMG_1150.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 298

Savemeasammy

Then those of us that actually ski at Magic can have something to look at while waiting for the red chair. At least there's music over there.

I definitely appreciate the tunes AND the glades that are cut by the diehard Magic skiers and riders. I selfishly enjoy them both without offering much in return.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

RustyGroomer

Magic needs a flatscreen over by lift & the sound system needs an upgrade. That kumbaya music they play sucks too.

MMP

Magic needs a flatscreen over by lift & the sound system needs an upgrade. That kumbaya music they play sucks too.

The last time i had my bucket truck up there we tried hanging a flatscreen on the red building. the weight almost tipped the building over so we removed it. I'll be sure to tell Dave you think Coltrane is "kumbaya" music "that sucks".:cry:

MadMadWorld

You sure are bent out of shape over this flag donation. It's not like Bill donated a confederate flag or something. For the life of me I can't figure why this has you so upset.

The south will rise again!!! I have to admit watching Dukes of Hazard made me think being a racist redneck was cool

Edd

The south will rise again!!! I have to admit watching Dukes of Hazard made me think being a racist redneck was cool

Growing up during that time, I thought being a trucker was cool...Dukes, BJ and the Bear, Smokey and the Bandit, Cannonball Run, Convoy, Every Which Way but Loose, I watched them again and again.

JamaicaMan

It is southern VT so could go for a little Marshall Tucker, CDB, Allman Bros over by Red

MMP

Hope "the mountain" gets the flags up by 7/4.

USA!

slatham

The Magic has awoken! Alpine Update below. The front page of the website also makes mention of season passes going on sale next week.

Alpine Update 6/30/15
The mountain is green and growing, but the staff has mowing well in hand. Except for the last few days, and especially nights, temperatures have been warm. Last weekend Timber Side held its annual "Friendly Gathering". They used our ticket office and parking lots then took attendees to the other side with a fleet of buses. It was more parking than we ever see in the winter. Well Thrusday was warm and sunny, Friday was warm throughout the day but it got cooler in the evening. Saturday was cool all day and the rain began in the afternoon. The young people at the concert apparently tried there best to make it a full weekend and their young metabolism likely carried them through it. When Sunday arrived they had a tow truck to pull cars out of the mud and when I checked on Saturday there was only three vehicles left in our parking areas. The bigger parking lots with their gravel bases were not affected by the rain but cars parked along the road or in the lower lot seemed to sink to the hubcaps.

The weather reports indicate it will begin to warm up today and by Friday when the Fireworks and Buddies concert are scheduled we should be back to tee shirt temperatures. As always the town puts on the fireworks and it is the best show in New England or Upstate NY (Tom's opinion.) The Butties are a Beatles cover band and will be set up inside the lodge with dancing inside and out. (I did have the engineers check the deck afterwards and it is solid for your dancing pleasure.)

Friday also marks the reopening of the Black Line Tavern. The bar and food service will be open for the summer season, typically being open Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday Afternoon. Timber Quest opened last Saturday so if you have been thinking you'd like to try it or let your youngsters try the course, you can do it then have a hamburger and beer on the sunny deck.

Tin

The Magic has awoken! Alpine Update below. The front page of the website also makes mention of season passes going on sale next week.

Alpine Update 6/30/15
The mountain is green and growing, but the staff has mowing well in hand. Except for the last few days, and especially nights, temperatures have been warm. Last weekend Timber Side held its annual "Friendly Gathering". They used our ticket office and parking lots then took attendees to the other side with a fleet of buses. It was more parking than we ever see in the winter. Well Thrusday was warm and sunny, Friday was warm throughout the day but it got cooler in the evening. Saturday was cool all day and the rain began in the afternoon. The young people at the concert apparently tried there best to make it a full weekend and their young metabolism likely carried them through it. When Sunday arrived they had a tow truck to pull cars out of the mud and when I checked on Saturday there was only three vehicles left in our parking areas. The bigger parking lots with their gravel bases were not affected by the rain but cars parked along the road or in the lower lot seemed to sink to the hubcaps.

The weather reports indicate it will begin to warm up today and by Friday when the Fireworks and Buddies concert are scheduled we should be back to tee shirt temperatures. As always the town puts on the fireworks and it is the best show in New England or Upstate NY (Tom's opinion.) The Butties are a Beatles cover band and will be set up inside the lodge with dancing inside and out. (I did have the engineers check the deck afterwards and it is solid for your dancing pleasure.)

Friday also marks the reopening of the Black Line Tavern. The bar and food service will be open for the summer season, typically being open Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday Afternoon. Timber Quest opened last Saturday so if you have been thinking you'd like to try it or let your youngsters try the course, you can do it then have a hamburger and beer on the sunny

I read that in my head in a Garrison Keillor voice. Sounded like something from Prarie Home Companion

slatham

Ha. Yes, not your typical mega resort PR piece is it. And I wouldn't have it any other way.