• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What the heck is going on at Magic?

MMP

It would be nice if they had someone proofread these things. Unless not looking smart is their thing.

Any flag progress billskiflag

RustyGroomer

I have heard rumors of a sale offer. Take it for what it's worth. I will certainly update if I hear anything further.

Tin

e16pk.jpg

MMP

I have heard rumors of a sale offer. Take it for what it's worth. I will certainly update if I hear anything further.

The flags or the mountain? Jesus I hope these guys prioritize these flags already. It would be poetic justice if bill buys it, fixes the flags, and bans me for life!

Oh noze!!!!!

yeggous

What could it be?

New lift?

Buyout? Who would the buyer be?

Season pass collaborative deal?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

yeggous

Are they changing it that much? I thought they were not making huge changes?

When I talked to the owner this winter he was all about building multiple slope side hotels.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

drjeff

The big question is how does the likely new ownership find a balance between the NEED for what realistically is at least 5 million in upgrades (get the Black and Red to a RELIABLE working order, some increases in their snowmaking capacity and coverage - not to 100%, but more coverage and also the ability to make snow simultaneously on a couple of top to bottom routes, and the biggie that will help draw more families to the mountain is some lift over where the Green was to give them a pod of beginner/intermediate terrain) That is going to cost some $$, and if done correctly, it can be done in a way that will still allow the essence of Magic to be there, but be there with some more stable financial footing and more reliable snow conditions over *some* additional terrain during the full length of their season. I hope it works for them!!