• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunapee may get a new "old" lift

bobbutts

bobbutts

And I am saying it is not brand new news!

blahblah.gif

yeggous

Attitash and Wildcat had the same Sunday deal as well for $30. Prior to having a Granite Pass last year, I took advantage of the Wildcat deal often. Working in a restaurant late on Saturday nights, it was nice to get a decent sleep and still get an afternoon of skiing in for cheap. While $42 isn't bad, I've only taken advantage of that deal one time since living in NH. I'd rather drive the extra 30 minutes and pay $12 less to ski better terrain at Wildcat.

Attitash and Wildcat also give 25% off the Sunday afternoon rate with the Vertical Value Card. Makes it $22.50. That really messes with the economics of a season pass.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

DoublePlanker

I remember a $20 ticket for NH resident after 2pm on Sunday. That must have been long ago or my memory is terrible. Sunapee is very expensive now! I find it good for early season warm up days. The do a great job snowmaking and grooming which is an edge over a lot of other smaller mountains nearby.

dlague

I remember a $20 ticket for NH resident after 2pm on Sunday. That must have been long ago or my memory is terrible. Sunapee is very expensive now! I find it good for early season warm up days. The do a great job snowmaking and grooming which is an edge over a lot of other smaller mountains nearby.

Ragged used to be $19 on Sunday afternoon - miss those days! I agree Sunapee is pricy - will be hitting $80 for weekends or damn near that this season and over $80 on peak days! Boston/ Mass. can have Sunapee - I will match their travel time and go else where!

I was on the summit this weekend and snapped some pictures of the new lift. Looks like all the towers are in, but the terminals are non-existent. Still lots of work to do.
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1413255607.158133.jpg
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1413255620.175261.jpg
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1413255633.344339.jpg

Quietman

I thought that they were re-using the old towers and just installing new terminals and haul rope.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I thought that they were re-using the old towers and just installing new terminals and haul rope.

That's what I assumed. The Sun Bowl is a Poma Quad. The reused lift is also a Poma. So just replace the haul rope and terminals and they should be good.

Looks like they are well on track. Just drop the new terminals, splice the cable, get the systems up and running, and hang the carriers.

Puck it

That's what I assumed. The Sun Bowl is a Poma Quad. The reused lift is also a Poma. So just replace the haul rope and terminals and they should be good.

Looks like they are well on track. Just drop the new terminals, splice the cable, get the systems up and running, and hang the carriers.

I think the towers needed new haul rope hangars too.

I think there are more towers on the lift than before. The tower at the top of Hawes Hideout is Tower 16 now and if my memory is correct it used to be tower 14.

Last edited: