• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunapee may get a new "old" lift

Puck it

Mount Sunapee Resort plans an estimated $1.5 million in new capital projects and capital maintenance for 2014. The major new capital project is to replace the existing Sunbowl Quad chairlift with a high-speed Express Quad lift, contingent upon its delivery from Okemo.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Mount Sunapee Resort plans an estimated $1.5 million in new capital projects and capital maintenance for 2014. The major new capital project is to replace the existing Sunbowl Quad chairlift with a high-speed Express Quad lift, contingent upon its delivery from Okemo.

Good news. That will make Sunapee fans thrilled. That has been a long time coming.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Sounds like a load of BS. Source? What chair from Okemo? None are old or rumored to be replaced. Okemo's going to work on South Face Village and replace a chairlift in the same year? Why didn't we hear about this till July?

To many questions not enough answers or evidence.

Puck it

Alright, so it is official, but I think we would've heard something from the mountains by now if it was gonna happen this year.

I will make it a little bigger for you to read.

contingent upon its delivery from Okemo.

Puck it

You guys saying Okemo is going to replace the NStar lift with a 6 pack?

Not sure how I feel about that, hopefully the crowds disperse fast at the top.

Okemo- Detachable 6 with Bubbles- Northeast Express.

mbedle

In addition to the South Face, Okemo is in the final stages of finalizing a new high speed six pack bubble chair, replacing the Northstar Express Quad. The new $6.9 million Leitner-Poma lift is expected to open for the 2014-15 season. Taken for neweneglanskihistory.com.

Doesn't the same company that operates Okemo, also operate Sunapee?

bobbutts

Yes, and Crested Butte.

I'm still doubting 2014-2015 debut, bash me if you must.
I think the lack of official marketing announcement basically confirms your doubt. It's intended to happen, but not guaranteed at this point is how I read it.

thetrailboss

Staff member
It is getting late to do a NEW install at Okemo. But from what I saw Poma's crews like to push the envelope. I would assume that the retrofit at Sunapee would not be too bad assuming that they can reuse the pylons and don't have to upgrade them or do any work on the footings. It should really be new haul rope, new grips, maybe new sheave trains on some towers, and new base and summit terminals.