• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Giro Tune-Ups (headphones) - any experience?

adamti91

Yeah well I asked my friend and his is the R.E.D. Hi-Fi with Audex Skullcandy earflaps, and they have the mute button on the outside too, but I guess the ones you are talking about have it outside too. Yeah, the HiFi including Audex Skullcandy earflaps is only $160 but I'll make do with the G10 and iPod headphones. Do you have TuneUps for your G10?

Hawkshot99

Yeah well I asked my friend and his is the R.E.D. Hi-Fi with Audex Skullcandy earflaps, and they have the mute button on the outside too, but I guess the ones you are talking about have it outside too. Yeah, the HiFi including Audex Skullcandy earflaps is only $160 but I'll make do with the G10 and iPod headphones. Do you have TuneUps for your G10?

Yea I have the original tuneups for it. Didnt want the phone attachment. Has a nice in line mute button that I like.

dl

Website
www.orbtialskiing.com
in response to the original question, giro makes TuneUps and TuneUp IIs. TuneUps retail for about $30 and have a cord to connect into your iPod or mp3 player. TuneUps II come in two styles - 1) a connection to your iPod/mp3 player and a connection to your cell phone or 2) connection to your iPod/mp3 player and a connection to your two way radios. You're out of luck if you want iPod/two way radio/phone - it's either phone or radio.

They also make a bluetooth version that works with BT devices. the TuneUps and TuneUp IIs are sold by helmet (nine.9, fuse, omen, g10, etc) and the BT version includes support for most of their helmets all on one package.