• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington needs an "Action Park"!

4aprice

Very funny..... I miss the days of Action Park. Spent many of summers up there burning the skin off my legs on the alpine slide.... lol

Death Park. It was classic and will never be the same again. Go-karts were the best. Google Wierd NJ or ask Spring Mountain High or Reno.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

HowieT2

Death Park. It was classic and will never be the same again. Go-karts were the best. Google Wierd NJ or ask Spring Mountain High or Reno.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Fwiw- the water park is still there. The alpine slide was replaced by mtn biking. The go karts, boats and what not on the other side of the road are gone.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

it was insane and could never happen again in our litigious society...the go karts were great--very easy to dismantle the speed governor...my favorite was the rope swing of death...somehow me and my friends got lucky and never were seriously injured, only some road rash from the alpine slide, but you NEVER left without some kind of abrasion or contusion

ERJ-145CA

The current equivalent of the Alpine Slide would be the mountain coaster. It's a lot of fun actually and you can't fly off the track.

RENO

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
Action Park was the greatest amusement park ever created! Had soooo much fun there. Definitely nothing like the parks today. When we raced in the Gran Prix we actually raced real cars only smaller of course. You raced around a real track and you could hit some serious speed and wipeout. Not like the controlled slow moving garbage they have now. Just missed wiping out several times. Slid off the track a couple times. You had to sign your life away on most of the rides. Racing boats, tank fights, etc... That slide in the picture was incredible and I think it only lasted 1 year. I never tried it. Many people got mangled in that thing! :lol:

mbedle

Took off a couple of chairs and turn up the speed on a high speed quad.... I guess if I was five, I would fine that kind of fun.

RENO

ERJ-145CA

They've had one of those Soaring Eagle things at Mountain Creek for a few years, I didn't think it was too exciting when I went on it.

RENO

They've had one of those Soaring Eagle things at Mountain Creek for a few years, I didn't think it was too exciting when I went on it.
It's an easy ride for families. Very easy to load and anyone can ride it. That's all they're going for with this. The real exciting one will be if they get approval for the one they plan to run from the Peak Lodge down to Snowshed. :grin:
Now that would be a rush! Quote from K: In three to five years, the resort could expand its activities to include a "Beast of the East Zipline," which could run from from Peak Lodge down to Snowshed - a span of 8,000 feet over three stages, with a total of 1,700 vertical and speeds reaching 65 mph!