• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Coolest Cooler

dlague

I am not really a cooler toter! Feels to redneck like IMO when going to the beach which is probably the only place I might use it! For $180 I am all set - put that towards ski gear instead. It is well thought out though.

ctenidae

Maybe too much for everyday backyard use, but it is a bunch of stuff that could conceivably be used. I don't like the "leave the whole top open to use the blender" function though- seems to be thermodynamically wasteful.

bvibert

Staff member
Maybe too much for everyday backyard use, but it is a bunch of stuff that could conceivably be used. I don't like the "leave the whole top open to use the blender" function though- seems to be thermodynamically wasteful.

Doesn't look like the top needs to be open to use the blender, but they provide a recess in the under side of the top to hold the blender pitcher while filling it up with ice and such. Then you close the lid to put it on the actual blender part.

wa-loaf

Does Skiquattro post here anymore? I see this being up his alley. He was always hauling coolers and blenders out to the beach.

skiNEwhere

Does Skiquattro post here anymore? I see this being up his alley. He was always hauling coolers and blenders out to the beach.

According to the members list, not since January

I don't think this is overkill. There is a conceivable and realistic use for everything on the cooler. Only downside is the extra weight you'd have to deal with dragging it through the sand.

ctenidae

Doesn't look like the top needs to be open to use the blender, but they provide a recess in the under side of the top to hold the blender pitcher while filling it up with ice and such. Then you close the lid to put it on the actual blender part.

Yeah, I based that on a glimpse of a shot from the video. Snap judgment on no information for the win...

drjeff

These will fill the parking lots of many a NASCAR race or college/NFL football tailgating spread i'm sure!

Neat idea, but a bit too much in trying to do it all for my tastes

Cannonball

definitely a cool concept and must have been a lot of fun to design. But it's not something I'd ever buy. The problem with jamming so many different things into one package is that as individual elements start to break you end up lugging around a bunch of weight for nothing. I'd rather have each piece separately.

Hawkshot99

I think its all great but the blender part. Ditch that and you loose a motor, container and the batteries required to run it. That will give you more room for drinks and save a bunch of weight.