• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2014-2015 Winter Forecast (here we go)

Cannonball

Interesting re-reading this thread starting back around 3/24. Good perspective on how much our assumptions change over the course of just a few days. Proving once again that the only way you're guaranteed to miss a good day is by not going at all.

catsup948

Friday night something to watch. GFS likes snow out here up into southern Vermont. Its nothing crazy but could be a few inches if it falls mainly overnight.

catsup948

Canadian has rain later this week. GFS colder more south, to me it has been doing this 5 days out since February and then caves to a warmer solution within 36 hrs.

jrmagic

Interesting re-reading this thread starting back around 3/24. Good perspective on how much our assumptions change over the course of just a few days. Proving once again that the only way you're guaranteed to miss a good day is by not going at all.

That's why I usually just go and take what the mountain will give. Usually there aren't many let downs as I go in thinking conservatively so conditions are usually right about what I expect or better. This past weekend I was very pleasantly surprised on Saturday and Sunday.

Last edited:

JDMRoma

go with low expectations and be pleasantly surprised ! this past weekend was just that !

Go !