• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2014-2015 Winter Forecast (here we go)

BenedictGomez

You never know if you don't go. The season is too short. Whatchagonnado? Stay home and watch ski racing?
I was out in -15 last weekend. The forecast was for winds that never materialized: these are valley forecasts.. What mountain are you considering.

I'd planned on hitting Smuggs this weekend, but the Catskills might be the wiser choice as twelve hours would be a lot of driving for 1 day of skiing. On the positive slide, those 35mph winds I quoted are only for 3000ft+ so I'll just keep a close eye and check in it tomorrow afternoon.

catsup948

Nickels, dimes, we just keep plugging away out here. Missed out on this one but early next week is looking decent, maybe it saves areas that were screwed today.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Here's your sign

ensecm_nnn6h_st_VT_MONTPELIER.png

VTKilarney

Not a good weekend here in northern Vermont. Highs in the low single digits with strong winds.

BenedictGomez

Not a good weekend here in northern Vermont. Highs in the low single digits with strong winds.

I was going to leave after work, but I may pull the plug. Will give a final look at 3pm.

The thing that STINKS is the gf burned a day off on tomorrow and as a teacher she only gets 3 to use so we use them all in winter for 3 day ski trips.

catsup948

Canadian still has a decent storm Monday for southern New England. GFS has moved it south again. There isn't as strong of high to the north so there is some room for this to come north. It's better for the mid Atlantic right now. Faster mover.

BenedictGomez

So this weekend was basically a loss due to negative "high" temps and -20s windchills.

Starting to get concerned that next weekend might not be too far from the same. :sadwalk:

Pacific Ridge and PNA relaxation in about 6-7 days could pop a good storm. Something to watch, but I'm not sold due to a neutral AO and a very poor NAO. The transient block can only last for so long.

BenedictGomez

Climate forecast model pointing to a brutally cold February.

It's been wrong for November, December, and January, so lets hope the "Broken Clock Theorem" holds and it will be correct this time.

B8wwJnuIUAA0p20.png