• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Recently I feel like what I imagine it's like to be Scotty

jimk

I know you guys adore you're children and that's awesome....I like my nephews and have crazy fun with them but this thread is a pleasant reminder that I'm happy to never had kids.....a little bit of simple planning and a whole lot of luck. I'm 41 and think about this every single day of my life, it's relief to me.
It's all good and great virtue can be found down every path in life. My wife has to continually coax me into parenting. Helicopter parent I am NOT. The best feeling, however, I get from parenting is the knowledge that I gave four other people the chance to enjoy this life. Despite all the sweat and toil, the joy far, far outweighs any pain.

Especially when I get them all on a ski hill:spread:

Warp Daddy

My family means everything to me,and when i had my heart attack 5 yrs ago and faced my own mortality ,my adult children were amazing in terms of what they did to help my wife and i during that period . It was strong motivation for me to choose to behave positively and not go negative at all as a result of the MI . the recovery was swift and effective and the quality of life remains high . My point simply is family can be a tremendous motivator as well as a nurturing environment that adds very positively to one,s state of being .

And grandkids are amazing , i get to ski with the whole crew every season and now with the eldest a. Jr in Rx school we have a wonderful history together . This saturday all of them and their parents are here at the River for a week of goodtimes during our towns annual week. Long Seaway Festival .then we do itall again at christmas for a week of skiing

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
My family means everything to me,and when i had my heart attack 5 yrs ago and faced my own mortality ,my adult children were amazing in terms of what they did to help my wife and i during that period . It was strong motivation for me to choose to behave positively and not go negative at all as a result of the MI . the recovery was swift and effective and the quality of life remains high . My point simply is family can be a tremendous motivator as well as a nurturing environment that adds very positively to one,s state of being .

And grandkids are amazing , i get to ski with the whole crew every season and now with the eldest a. Jr in Rx school we have a wonderful history together . This saturday all of them and their parents are here at the River for a week of goodtimes during our towns annual week. Long Seaway Festival .then we do itall again at christmas for a week of skiing

You the man, Warp. Great to hear you're well and enjoying the family. How's the Boldt Castle up by you? I recently read a story on it and how it is America's greatest castle.

And hang in there Nick...it gets physically easier although, perhaps, mentally tougher as they age. Still, my kids are the best thing in my life. Life would be far less fulfilling without them.

Warp Daddy

THANKS Marc , you are a top shelf kinda guy !! i truly enjoy reading about your skiing adventures and what u and the family are involved with . Boldt Castle is a very beautiful site, The story of Heart Island and George Boldt and his connection with the Waldorff Astoria and his great love for his wife are the stuff of local legend .

Of equal beauty is the Castle Boathouses . You fuys should visit the 1000 Islands sometime , there are many beautiful spots to seeand enjoy . if you like Boldt read up on TIP ( The Thousand Islands Park) It is a Victorian era village on Wellesley Island that has beautifully restored Victorian " painted ladies" huge summer homes for the turn of the century wealthy set . These homes and the village are a time warp but active in the summer .seriously cool place . rival Martha Vinyard except MORE pristine and frankly in my opinion higher end

of local legend .

OTE=marcski;848386]You the man, Warp. Great to hear you're well and enjoying the family. How's the Boldt Castle up by you? I recently read a story on it and how it is America's greatest castle.

And hang in there Nick...it gets physically easier although, perhaps, mentally tougher as they age. Still, my kids are the best thing in my life. Life would be far less fulfilling without them.[/QUOTE]

dlague

Nick, you will learn to make it up as you go. What was important before may take a backseat to kids and family. I am on the opposite end of the children spectrum. Three have graduated and one left at home so it feels like it is getting easier. With three out of the house I find ski season a little sad sometimes because I loved skiing with the boys and my wife. While there are some trying times, there will many rewards in the form of happiness, laughter, pride and love. One thing to point out though, just because your kids eventually grow up and move on, they stay in your lives and often come back for advise, to think things through or to even just plain tell you about their lives - that is amazing!

Toughest years - 17 & 18! Our third 18 year old has become our toughest challenge. Oddly enough he is the only on to go to private school with some privileged kids - not sure if that means anything - but odd.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone