• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Manilla takes a direct hit Snowmonster to change name

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
I really don't know about the name change and I doubt he even noticed the weather considering this happens all the time.

trackforecast.gif

http://mashable.com/2014/07/15/typhoon-rammasun-glenda-strikes-philippines/

wa-loaf

We have contractors there (In Manila), they didn't miss a day of work.

snowmonster

Hey guys! I just saw this thread. Thanks for the concern.

Unlike wa-loaf's contractors I stayed home that day. The winds were howling pretty badly in the morning and my neighbor got his car crushed under a falling tree (because the idiot went out for a burger run at McDonald's at the height of the storm). In the afternoon, the storm had blown out and I was driving around wondering if the mall was open. Water was too choppy though for a good surf.:cool:

Despite the typhoons during the rainy season (June to October), it's a great place to visit. I hope some of you will cross the ocean to get here someday. Let me know. The beers are on me.:beer:

Cornhead

Nice to see a post from you Snowmonster. I'll miss your TR's. Not much chance of me visiting Manila, how about the chance of you visiting the US for a ski vacation? Better yet, hit Japan for some skiing.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Warp Daddy

Cornhead is right on target ! we miss the vibrancy of your reports Professor and the unmitigated zeal you always project .Glad to hear from you and to learn that all is well .Don't be a stranger here K ?