• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

It's official, a brand new orange 6 pack bubble at Okemo

drjeff

No October opening then it seems.

For their new bubble six pack? Nope

Overall, who knows? Okemo's GM on their FB page recently did post their early season opening plans that enabled them to work around the terrain that the Sunburst 6 will service once it opens in it's from the get go targeted early December opening date

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I've always thought they should open up the Green Ridge chair terrain for early season instead of Glades. Better exposure I would imagine. Plus they could open up some green terrain, always something Okemo wants to do.

deadheadskier

Staff member
You would need to open an additional lift to offer Green Ridge terrain instead of Glades peak.

WoodCore

I've always thought they should open up the Green Ridge chair terrain for early season instead of Glades. Better exposure I would imagine. Plus they could open up some green terrain, always something Okemo wants to do.

Exposure is not that big of a factor in the early season and as DHS stated they would have run additional lifts to access the terrain.