• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Johnny Winter RIP

crank

Love his version of Good Morning Little Schoolgirl.

jimk

I had his album Saints & Sinners on 8 track when it was newly released in mid-70s. Included a lot of good covers like Riot in Cell Block #9 and Boney Moronie. He was wicked fast player and kept touring until the end. I think Johnny paid some penance with fragile health in later years so my guess he's up with the Saints now. In a labor of love he produced some fantastic late career records by Muddy Waters. Earned Muddy some good money for his old age and wonderful for posterity to capture Muddy's sound one last time in far higher fidelity studio environment than his early recordings.

Cannonball

I freak'n love pretty much everything Johnny Winters ever did. But when I hear his name I immediately conjure up the image of his screaming backup (and background) vocal with Muddy Waters on Mannish Boy. Can't hear it too many times right?.....

JimG.

Staff member
I freak'n love pretty much everything Johnny Winters ever did. But when I hear his name I immediately conjure up the image of his screaming backup (and background) vocal with Muddy Waters on Mannish Boy. Can't hear it too many times right?.....

No you can't.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub

After listening to this I thought ... meh ... but later that blues march just kept coming back to my mind with both voices. Definitely a classic recording.

This was listed on that youtube page: