• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Superman Ride of Steel at Six Flags New England Rated #1 Steel Coaster In The World

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
amazingly, i have still not been on S:RoS having only just gotten back into park going after a number of years of not going to parks. we have rode on MF and that ride is something else. sharon who has rode on both insists that MF is way better than S:RoS. looking forward to making the judgment for myself, hopefully this summer. we are already planning a virginia trip to BG and KD, but SFNE is close enough for a day trip.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
while i haven't been on KK, kingda ka is fairly similar to TTD at CP which i did ride. as an 18 second quick thrill ride, these types of coasters are a load of fun. the hyper coasters such as MF and S:RoS are much more interesting to me though. the 400 foot top hat rides just aren't worth the wait and risk of break down while waiting, imo.

Zand

Kingda Ka is much, much worse than Dragster. I've been to Cedar Point twice (going for thirds this summer) so I've been on Dragster a few times. I went to Great Adventure last summer and Kingda Ka was crap. It was very rough compared to Dragster and was EXTREMELY unreliable while Dragster's reliability gets better every year. The only thing GADV really has going for it is El Toro.

As for Millennium Force, it's my 3rd favorite steel coaster. It's pretty amazing, but there are so many straight and uninteresting parts that it just can't be my favorite. Superman is my favorite and my 2nd favorite is Apollo's Chariot at Busch Gardens Williamsburg in Virginia.

Hopefully sometime in the next few years I can expand on my counts. It seems that every summer I go to Cedar Point or GADV instead of going someplace different. Coastal California is a good place for coasters as is Florida. I'm very interested in the member trips that themeparkreview.com does but I couldn't afford stuff like that yet, especially since I'd rather spend money on ski trips. However, hopefully in 5 years or so they'll still be doing these tours and I'll be able to do a couple.

FRITOLAYGUY

OK, but the sheer speed and drop is a rush

I kinda like the ride in seaworld...kracken....

Ya Kracken is a cool ride, kinda weird how its in seaworld though, I like millennium force, Dragster was fun but short. Montu in busch gardens FL is pretty good. Cedarpoint by far is the best place to ride coasters, i dunno if they have the best one in particular though. Maybe the best one is wooden, there are some great ones out there..

John84

Cedarpoint by far is the best place to ride coasters, i dunno if they have the best one in particular though. .

Definitely agree with that. They have three of the top 10 coasters in the world if I remember correctly. Millenium Forced, Magnum Xl (which I didn't really enjoy), and Raptor.

Last edited:

montvm

I was in line three seperate times on the same day for the Superman ride, first time over an hour waite, 2nd time hour, 3rd time 45 minutes. The ride kept breaking down. Someday i'll make it to that beast.

Has anyone ever been on the Incredible Hulk at Islands of Adventure in Florida. This isn't a typical Steel RC like what this topic is about cause it does loops, but still very cool.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Has anyone ever been on the Incredible Hulk at Islands of Adventure in Florida. This isn't a typical Steel RC like what this topic is about cause it does loops, but still very cool.
lol, when i first started going to parks, a "typical steel" coaster always had loops, lol. i was originally dumb founded when the hypers started to be built... "who wants to ride a steel without loops?" man oh man have i learned better! :lol:

dmon

I cant wait to ride superman. It's always me and my daughter there and she's not tall enough yet. Maybe one more year.

drjeff

S:Ros is the skiing equivalent to that perfect powder run where you get that float between each and every turn down a steep hill. It's so smooth, but yet at the same point, you feel the power of the hill at the same time.

The air time on S:Ros is great! It's as close to a perfect coaster that's been built to date as possible! Intamin did a great job, and its worth the wait. I was "spoiled" enough back when Six Flags took the park over and S:Ros was built to be working all of 5 minues from the park and had a season pass there. My wife (who is also a coaster addict), would basically make Friday (and often Saturday) nights at Six Flags New England out "date nights" Ahh, the carefree pre-kid days;) Now I figure I've got about another 4 or so years until my oldest will meet the S:Ros height requirements!