Red Mountain Trip - 3/3/15 to 3/10/15

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40
  1. #1

    Cool Red Mountain Trip - 3/3/15 to 3/10/15

    Hey everyone!

    I hope you're all enjoying your summer, but I've already started some planning for the upcoming season.

    I am putting together a group trip to Red Mountain in BC. (www.redresort.com) It's been said that it's the most underrated resort in North America with some of the best snow and tree skiing out there, but without the crowds you find at more well known destinations. We'll be staying in the Slalom condos just steps from the lifts. They are modern and luxurious, sporting gourmet kitchens, granite countertops, and private hot tubs on their decks. As far as I know they are all 2 bed/2 bath. The trip will include airfare through delta, leaving from Hartford, but we can look at other departure locations if necessary. Also included are round trip transfers to/from the resort/airport, 7 nights lodging and 5 day lift pass.

    Also available, but not included, is cat-skiing through Big Red Cats (www.bigredcats.com). Check out the site and you will see just how awesome this opportunity is. We will most likely be reserving a full cat on one of the days we are there to take advantage of group pricing. Tagging along will be first come, first served, or you can do your own booking. The area also has heli and other cat operations if you'd like to try one of those.

    Preliminary pricing is $1699/person and includes all current taxes. I will post again when we nail it all down and start taking reservations. I just wanted to give you guys a heads-up so you could mull it over and be ready to pull the trigger if you wish to do so.

    BTW, I run membership and trip organization for the HS Ski Club which is part of the CT Ski Council and I have a few trips under my belt. Savemeasammy went on a trip with me last year so he can testify that I'm not just some scumbag looking to part you from your money. Our club may be subsidizing part of the cost for members as well. I'll have more info about that when I start taking reservations.

    DAYS ON THE SNOW
    2013-2014: 29
    2014-2015: 23 (so far)

    Mount Snow: 11/27P, 12/20, 1/27P, 1/31, 2/13
    Stowe: 12/6P, 12/7
    Pico: 12/13P
    Smuggs: 1/9, 1/10, 1/11
    Berkshire East: 1/28, 3/2
    Killington: 2/6P, 2/7P
    Magic: 2/9P
    Stratton: 2/22P
    Plattekill: 3/1
    Jackson Hole: 3/19, 3/20, 3/21, 3/23, 3/24

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Rex View Post
    Hey everyone!

    I hope you're all enjoying your summer, but I've already started some planning for the upcoming season.

    I am putting together a group trip to Red Mountain in BC. (www.redresort.com) It's been said that it's the most underrated resort in North America with some of the best snow and tree skiing out there, but without the crowds you find at more well known destinations. We'll be staying in the Slalom condos just steps from the lifts. They are modern and luxurious, sporting gourmet kitchens, granite countertops, and private hot tubs on their decks. As far as I know they are all 2 bed/2 bath. The trip will include airfare through delta, leaving from Hartford, but we can look at other departure locations if necessary. Also included are round trip transfers to/from the resort/airport, 7 nights lodging and 5 day lift pass.

    Also available, but not included, is cat-skiing through Big Red Cats (www.bigredcats.com). Check out the site and you will see just how awesome this opportunity is. We will most likely be reserving a full cat on one of the days we are there to take advantage of group pricing. Tagging along will be first come, first served, or you can do your own booking. The area also has heli and other cat operations if you'd like to try one of those.

    Preliminary pricing is $1699/person and includes all current taxes. I will post again when we nail it all down and start taking reservations. I just wanted to give you guys a heads-up so you could mull it over and be ready to pull the trigger if you wish to do so.

    BTW, I run membership and trip organization for the HS Ski Club which is part of the CT Ski Council and I have a few trips under my belt. Savemeasammy went on a trip with me last year so he can testify that I'm not just some scumbag looking to part you from your money. Our club may be subsidizing part of the cost for members as well. I'll have more info about that when I start taking reservations.
    That is a pretty good deal! Nice!
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

    2016-2017 target - 50

    If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by snoseek View Post
    El Nino
    "Was it ever - hijacked big time! That's par for this forum which makes it so fun."


    LMAO

  5. #5
    I just priced out a trip for those same dates with four adults staying in a two bedroom unit. With 6 days of skiing, rather than 5, it came out to $1,180 USD per person with all taxes included. This did not include airfare or transportation from the airport. The airfare to Spokane was pricing out at $600 for those dates, although I suspect that might decrease at some point. So this package seems fairly priced, although perhaps not that much different than booking on your own.

    I'm curious as to what airport this trip will be flying into, since it seems like this resort is not near anything major.

  6. #6
    Best bet (cost, proximity, weather issues) IMO for air travel is Spokane WA.
    Shuttles to Red run daily and rental cars are an option.
    Awesome place

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Siliconebobsquarepants View Post


    "Was it ever - hijacked big time! That's par for this forum which makes it so fun."


    LMAO
    Ha! Good one!
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

    2016-2017 target - 50

    If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Rex View Post
    Savemeasammy went on a trip with me last year so he can testify that I'm not just some scumbag looking to part you from your money.
    I hear that guy has questionable judgement...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    I just priced out a trip for those same dates with four adults staying in a two bedroom unit. With 6 days of skiing, rather than 5, it came out to $1,180 USD per person with all taxes included. This did not include airfare or transportation from the airport. The airfare to Spokane was pricing out at $600 for those dates, although I suspect that might decrease at some point. So this package seems fairly priced, although perhaps not that much different than booking on your own.

    I'm curious as to what airport this trip will be flying into, since it seems like this resort is not near anything major.
    Was that the same condos?

    Flying into Spokane. Trip also includes transportation from the airport to the mountain and back. Not to mention my club will probably pay $100 each towards the cost for the first 20 people to sign up. And you don't have to deal with booking it yourself.

    It's totally possible you may be able to put together a better deal, but you certainly won't go wrong signing up with my group.
    DAYS ON THE SNOW
    2013-2014: 29
    2014-2015: 23 (so far)

    Mount Snow: 11/27P, 12/20, 1/27P, 1/31, 2/13
    Stowe: 12/6P, 12/7
    Pico: 12/13P
    Smuggs: 1/9, 1/10, 1/11
    Berkshire East: 1/28, 3/2
    Killington: 2/6P, 2/7P
    Magic: 2/9P
    Stratton: 2/22P
    Plattekill: 3/1
    Jackson Hole: 3/19, 3/20, 3/21, 3/23, 3/24

  10. #10
    Red is a pretty awesome, and that was before the added another mountain. I'm sure you guys will have a great time. I only got one day in there. It was mid-week and VERY quiet. Around opening time it took a good 10 minutes before anybody else showed up at the ticket window (we were looking for somebody to split a 4 pack of tickets with). Most of the other people skiing that day seemed to be local seniors. It might come in 2nd behind Sun Valley in average skier age. I also remember the cafeteria staff being very friendly, even by Canadian standards. Definitely one of my top places to get back to.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:39 AM.