• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak bombshell

KustyTheKlown

lol. Recently read an interview with Joe Russo and he was talking about when he used to play with Phil and Bobby, Bob would tell him to slow the tempo and Phil would be telling him to play faster.

Saw DSO recently phakes were really good.

errr i've got access to free vip everything for JRAD at peach fest in scranton tonight, but my girlfriend is away and i am on cat duty. he's a senior dude who eats wet food so i can really only leave him with the chilled-auto-feeder for about 12 hours, and going to scranton and back in one night sounds like a bit much. was more into the whole take acid and drank 8 beers kinda night. will prob pass. that's ok tho.

JRAD is my favorite dead project, easily, hands down, without a doubt
phil preferred over dead & co as far as original member projects are concerned

i met phil at SFO in the midst of a nearly 24 hour flight delay clusterfuck and he could not have been nicer

1656681506635.png

snoseek

I just got home from work, poured a drink and opened facebook to see that pacific sealed a deal. Ragged stock just went way the fuck up.

Zand

Thank you baby Jesus it's not Vail.

I've still never been to Ragged for some reason, but from the outside it seems like the owners have made some good improvements there so I'd think this is great news for Jay.

snoseek

Thank you baby Jesus it's not Vail.

I've still never been to Ragged for some reason, but from the outside it seems like the owners have made some good improvements there so I'd think this is great news for Jay.
I skied ragged quite a bit a couple years back and powderhorn a bunch both pre and post pacific and they do great work. No epic no ikon is the real win for locals imo.

Zand

Actually would be nice if Ragged took a page out of Jay's book and hopped on the Indy Pass. That would definitely get me to stop in. Always been interested in those glades.

snoseek

I wonder if they go on the same pass? Ragged early buy is pretty cheap. I can't see jay unlimited dropping that much.

KustyTheKlown

weird little portfolo - "PRG owns and operates five other North American ski areas: Ragged Mountain, New Hampshire; Wisp, Maryland; Wintergreen, Virginia; Powderhorn, Colorado; and Mount Washington Alpine, British Columbia. Jay Peak would instantly become the company’s flagship resort."

im glad it wasnt alterra, but i wouldnt be against an ikon partner relationship.

snoseek

weird little portfolo - "PRG owns and operates five other North American ski areas: Ragged Mountain, New Hampshire; Wisp, Maryland; Wintergreen, Virginia; Powderhorn, Colorado; and Mount Washington Alpine, British Columbia. Jay Peak would instantly become the company’s flagship resort."

im glad it wasnt alterra, but i wouldnt be against an ikon partner relationship.

That link reads like it's not a done deal.

I'm assuming you carry an ikon in saying that. I bet die hard jay skiers would rather not. I don't ski there enough to really know maybe a couple days a year.

KustyTheKlown

That link reads like it's not a done deal.

I'm assuming you carry an ikon in saying that. I bet die hard jay skiers would rather not. I don't ski there enough to really know maybe a couple days a year.

yea, i am a loyal ikon customer. i just dont think jay would feel too much of a slam from ikon partnership. its so fucking remote. could increase canadians i guess. either way, glad its on indy for now.

cdskier

What was the original price the receiver was expecting/hoping to get? I feel like $58M is way below the original number floated around from probably a few years ago at this point...

snoseek

Well you have to assume everyone's kicked the tires by now, presumably this was the best offer made.
I honestly thought boyne would have purchased as it would geographically spread them out and made for a compelling pass. Either way I hope it stays on indypass

downdraft

The "corrected" article from Storm Skiing Journal describes the PRG agreement as a "stalking horse" bid, which would mean that the agreement with the receiver is intended to serve as an opening bid in an auction process. This is common in bankruptcy and receivership proceedings and the stalking horse bidder normally receives some compensation if a higher bidder purchases the assets. So, this would be intended as the beginning of an auction sale process, not the end. (Nonetheless, PRG could ultimately still acquire Jay.)