Jay Peak bombshell - Page 104

AlpineZone

Page 104 of 109 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1088
    Have also heard that they want to be more agressive with opening and closing dates.

Quote Originally Posted by fbrissette View Post
    Have also heard that they want to be more agressive with opening and closing dates.
    Closing dates you say? That could be interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by fbrissette View Post
    How about being more aggressive with actually running the lifts on a daily basis? It doesn't matter if they're open 365 days a year and not spinning the lifts.
    2014 - 2015 Season: 16 days
    2015 - 2016 Season: 24 days
    2016 - 2017 Season: 33 days
    2017 - 2018 Season: Hoping for 35+ days!

Quote Originally Posted by benski View Post
    What do you want to use? how much you disagree with there political idea.
    Nothing. I don't see how or why you'd quantify or need to quantify something like that.

I think people have a general sense of whether a state is corrupt or not. Unless you want to make the statement that government in itself is inherently corrupt, which is fine, but there are different levels of that. But with whatever metrics you do or do not use, I can assure people, that any "survey" or "list" that doesn't place New Jersey high on the political corruption list is even less valid than ski lists that rank Holiday Valley a top-5 ski destination.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Jcb890 View Post
    How about being more aggressive with actually running the lifts on a daily basis? It doesn't matter if they're open 365 days a year and not spinning the lifts.
    LOL. There's some anger in that zinger. Sounds like someone's annoyed by phantom wind holds.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    LOL. There's some anger in that zinger. Sounds like someone's annoyed by phantom wind holds.
    Those money, err, wind holds are still an issue? No surprise at all.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Well they already have season pass holders money, then on the weekdays not many lift ticket purchasers equals wind hold.
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    Well they already have season pass holders money, then on the weekdays not many lift ticket purchasers equals wind hold.
    This ends up driving away guests in the long run, especially as word gets spread. I take a 1 or 2 VT (northern) trips a season with a group of friends midweek and usually stay near/in the NEK to hit Jay, then the bush and smuggs (WM coupons)...the last 2 years the tram never ran once and the flyer was closed 90+% of the time, it's both frustrating and ridiculous...will skip it for Stowe this year.

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by the_awesome View Post
    This ends up driving away guests in the long run, especially as word gets spread. I take a 1 or 2 VT (northern) trips a season with a group of friends midweek and usually stay near/in the NEK to hit Jay, then the bush and smuggs (WM coupons)...the last 2 years the tram never ran once and the flyer was closed 90+% of the time, it's both frustrating and ridiculous...will skip it for Stowe this year.
    Funny. They have been doing those windholds for years. Granted, Jay gets A LOT of bad weather and wind. And FWIW Sugarbush had a tendency to have a lot of windholds as well.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    I'm pretty much done going to Jay unless they change the way they operate. I understand not running lifts when it isn't safe and I understand why mountains don't run lifts sometimes... but Jay seems to be the one place that will decide to operate the Tram or not based on visitors and money. It is a shame because they have great terrain and some of the best snow conditions in New England usually.

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Those money, err, wind holds are still an issue? No surprise at all.
    Sadly, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    Unfortunately this seems to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by the_awesome View Post
    Well, there's you and your group of friends and me in just this thread. I have a group of 2 friends I normally meet for a long weekend up at Jay also... I pushed them to do Sugarloaf this past season and this season I think Jay will be off the list. One of them drives up all the way from Virginia and will spend the week up at Jay, but even he cut his trip short last year leaving a day early. I only wound up going up for 2 days, but they were up at Jay the whole week leading up to Christmas and the Tram was still broken from the off-season or whatever. It was supposed to be fixed the week prior, then every day they'd ask someone at Jay when it would be done and hear "hopefully tomorrow" until finally on Wednesday someone told the truth, that they were aiming to have the Tram fixed and running for the weekend and Christmas crowd.

I would have to imagine we aren't the only ones who feel this way. When we were there they also refused to run Flyer last year. For what? If the Tram isn't going to run, the Flyer should run. If Jay was like 30 minutes or an hour away, I could see going and being content riding the terrain off The Jet all day. But, for a 4 or 4.5 hour drive each way which often involves a hotel room as well? Not a chance.
    2014 - 2015 Season: 16 days
    2015 - 2016 Season: 24 days
    2016 - 2017 Season: 33 days
    2017 - 2018 Season: Hoping for 35+ days!

Thread Information