• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak bombshell

drjeff

For supporters of the Storm Skiing Podcast, Stuart just dropped an interview with Steve Wright! Should be available to the general public typically in 2 ot 3 days

cdskier

Update: the deal is approved by the Court.

Slightly more detailed article (although still no mention of who the other 2 bidders were)...also mentions that Burke might even be sold soon...

thetrailboss

Staff member
Slightly more detailed article (although still no mention of who the other 2 bidders were)...also mentions that Burke might even be sold soon...

Yes. You beat me to it.

kbroderick

From ~$350 Million in government-program funding to worth $75M after fees. Yup, sounds bout' right! 🤡
That seems more like a ski industry issue than a government funding issue, although the two overlap in this case. I can think of other cases where someone invested a bunch of cash and greatly improved the physical plant only to get pennies on the dollar in resale value.

thetrailboss

Staff member
From ~$350 Million in government-program funding to worth $75M after fees. Yup, sounds bout' right! 🤡
The VTD article is reporting that the investors will get about 40 cents on the dollar back. Better than nothing but still a bath. No word on the green cards.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Update. There’s some interesting tidbits in here.

jimmywilson69

wow listening to current management and customers. there's a novel idea... (Katz and whats her name we're looking at you with that sarcasm)

BodeMiller1

Isn't the name Gunstock kind of aggressive, not to mention Cannon? I'm working on my ESG score today so, I'll just throw this out there.

What about Cannon Mountain to Butterfly ridge.

I think Gunstock should just be closed down. It's just so triggering...

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
wow listening to current management and customers. there's a novel idea... (Katz and whats her name we're looking at you with that sarcasm)
Having been in a Peak Resorts to Vail transfer, I can affirm that in their first year of ownership, Vail made almost no changes and just observed the vibe of the place. Major changes began in their second year. If PGRI is smart, I assume they'll do similar with Jay.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Having been in a Peak Resorts to Vail transfer, I can affirm that in their first year of ownership, Vail made almost no changes and just observed the vibe of the place. Major changes began in their second year. If PGRI is smart, I assume they'll do similar with Jay.
Yeah, but, throw us Ragged loyals a bone! No reciprocal passes? Please. Please. Please. Please. 🥺