Jay Peak bombshell - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 109 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    This is not surprising. That was a lot of money and hard to understand how they were going to make it back. When I went up there last year in March they were practically paying us to stay at the tram house. I think we got 2 nights in 2br unit for $400, which included 3 days lift tickets and water park for 4 of us.
    Wow. Crazy deal.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    This is not surprising. That was a lot of money and hard to understand how they were going to make it back. When I went up there last year in March they were practically paying us to stay at the tram house. I think we got 2 nights in 2br unit for $400, which included 3 days lift tickets and water park for 4 of us.
    And remember, they're still ADDING to capacity. There are going to be some phenomenal Jay Peak lodging deals a handful of years from now.

The downside, of course, is that I predict Jay is going to significantly increase lift ticket prices in the next few years.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Well, they are about $15 under market rate for walk up purchases right now. All the major players in VT are $80+. Jay charges $69 ($64 if bought online). That's the same price as Bolton Valley.

I guarantee Jay Peak didn't put the money up for the festival. They are all run by promoters.

Quote Originally Posted by doublediamond View Post
    I guarantee Jay Peak didn't put the money up for the festival. They are all run by promoters.
    That may be true, but surely Jay intended to sell hotel rooms and other things to the concert goers.

Staying at that hotel and watching shows for a couple of days sounds great. My days of sleeping in tents at festivals are behind me. Just can't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    One of the bands playing at the Jeezum Crow festival posted a photo of their performance on Facebook. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the four season resort known as Jay Peak:

Attachment 13039
    Thats cuz we were all at the Jerryjam festival in NH.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SIKSKIER

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    And remember, they're still ADDING to capacity. There are going to be some phenomenal Jay Peak lodging deals a handful of years from now.

The downside, of course, is that I predict Jay is going to significantly increase lift ticket prices in the next few years.
    no doubt they will increase the ticket prices, but I think what we have seen in the past from other ski resort operators with big debt loads, is that they are forced to cut back on infrastructure maintenance and operating expenses and a vicious cycle sets in.

You could pretty much see this coming.
    "For example, I ski without a helmet and with bindings that basically don't release." - Highway Star

Items for Sale
    We can only wait and see what happens.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Thread Information