• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak bombshell

Jcb890

I don't mean to be a dick or anything, but are you guys really this excited about a hat and stickers? Am I missing something?

fbrissette

I don't mean to be a dick or anything, but are you guys really this excited about a hat and stickers? Am I missing something?

Nothing to do with the gift itself. It's the idea behind it that I find cool. I've had ski passes for half of my life from a few different hills, and this is first time any mountain is showing a bit of appreciation. I think it's simple and efficient marketing.

Jcb890

Nothing to do with the gift itself. It's the idea behind it that I find cool. I've had ski passes for half of my life from a few different hills, and this is first time any mountain is showing a bit of appreciation. I think it's simple and efficient marketing.
Oh okay. That is a good point and I do agree from that standpoint.

cdskier

Sugarbush sent out stickers last year to passholders...

cdskier

Free marketing just like the free stickers at the skier services desk at most ski areas.

Yea...although I thought the color choice was a bit on the ugly side for the passholder ones they mailed (they were bright red with white lettering). Probably buried on my desk somewhere at the moment.

The free stickers (and posters) that SB has at their guest services desk are nice though. The posters look great framed hanging up in my condo!

tumbler

Sugarbush sent out stickers last year to passholders...

Those were downright embarassing. "Sugarbush Passholder" Made it look like a special parking sticker or something. We actually laugh everytime we see one on a car. Just get the snowmaking right and the lifts running and I'm good. And the taps working.

cdskier

Those were downright embarassing. "Sugarbush Passholder" Made it look like a special parking sticker or something. We actually laugh everytime we see one on a car.

Hah...I thought exactly the same thing! Hence the reason it is buried on my desk and not on my truck. I have a Sugarbush sticker on my truck, but it is a nice looking one.

BenedictGomez

Those were downright embarassing. "Sugarbush Passholder" Made it look like a special parking sticker or something. We actually laugh everytime we see one on a car.

It reminds me of the marketing playbook of sports teams whereby they try to give extra ways to overtly point out who is a season ticket holder (STH), so that that individual (presumably with low self-esteem) will feel important or more worth, thus more likely to renew (or attract other potential buyers who also want to be overtly known and viewed as a STH). So teams now give the STH these lanyards that they wear around their neck, or other obvious things to identify who is/isnt a STH, which serve no purpose other than to instantly identify the person as a STH.

BenedictGomez

The investors say state officials with the Vermont EB-5 Regional Center, who were responsible for overseeing Jay Peak, never took action to investigate allegations about the so-called “finders fees,” which were brought to their attention in 2012.

ROFL.

Is that Brent Raymond guy still employed at Mount Snow? If so, and I'm SKIS brass, I look for a real quiet way to lay him off, thank him for his service, and say, good luck in your future endeavors.

Megan Shafritz, the lead lawyer for the state, has said Vermont officials have “absolute immunity” in the case, which protects them “from the burdens of discovery and litigation generally.”

Life sure must be nice when you control all the rifles & bayonets.

Unless the court allows discovery, Barr says, the truth will never come out about how state officials allowed Stenger and Jay Peak owner Ariel Quiros to defraud 890 EB-5 investors and ultimately helped to cover up the fraud.

Oh.....so basically discovery will not be allowed probably. LOL

BenedictGomez

Gov. Phil Scott says he has not ruled out whether there should be a special prosecutor to look into alleged EB-5 fraud in the Northeast Kingdom involving Jay Peak and related companies.

Would the special prosecutor be a guy from Vermont with a degree in 15th Century Greek Philosophy, or an actual real-life lawyer?

Important question given the Vermont EB-5 Regional Center was run by people without any backgrounds necessary for high level auditing/accounting/finance jobs.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Would the special prosecutor be a guy from Vermont with a degree in 15th Century Greek Philosophy, or an actual real-life lawyer?

Important question given the Vermont EB-5 Regional Center was run by people without any backgrounds necessary for high level auditing/accounting/finance jobs.

Actually....someone can take the Bar in Vermont "Abe Lincoln" style without a law degree. So sure they just would need to be admitted 😜

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

BenedictGomez

Actually....someone can take the Bar in Vermont "Abe Lincoln" style without a law degree.

I didn't know that was a 21st century thing.

What would you ballpark the odds are of a fairly smart guy/gal spending a few thousand dollars on books, investing some time, and passing the bar DIY-style; pretty low?