• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak bombshell

Jully

What browser are you using? On Chrome the functionality of that map is a total disaster

I think it's a step in a really cool direction though.
I think a map like mammoth' s would actually really benefit a place like Jay. Jay, more than most eastern resorts, skis bigger and has cooler terrain than a traditional trail map really captures, IMO.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I think it's a step in a really cool direction though.
I think a map like mammoth' s would actually really benefit a place like Jay. Jay, more than most eastern resorts, skis bigger and has cooler terrain than a traditional trail map really captures, IMO.

that's why I like the Orford one so much. It does a decent job of showing the terrain and navigating around the different peaks and mountain faces in addition to navigating well for each trail and lift. You can scroll over the trail on the map and have the name pop up with open/closed status or you can scroll on the list on the side and accomplish the same thing. I think a similar style map would work great for Jay. Just break it up between Tramside, Bonnie area and Stateside and zoom in for the individual lift and trail status.

BenedictGomez

That Orford interactive trail map was cool, I did get a message on Firefox that it could slow my browser, but it wasnt too bad.

The Mammoth interactive trail map was the best I've ever seen, but it took a while to load and my laptop's fan turned on, which I assume means it was working hard.

KustyTheKlown

slap on the wrist for bill, eh?

I'm excited to ski jay tomorrow for the first and maybe only time this season

VTKilarney

slap on the wrist for bill, eh?

I'm excited to ski jay tomorrow for the first and maybe only time this season

That’s hard to say. It’s possible that Stenger’s penalty is going to sting much more than Quiros’ when you factor in their net worth.

So what are the predictions from here? Will the resorts sell together? If not, will Burke have a serious bidder?

I’ve always said that Intrawest should buy Jay. A Tremblant-Jay pass would corner the Montreal market.

KustyTheKlown

im surprised one of the major players hasn't snatched up jay/burke yet. its plug and play. brand new hotels, tons of condos, the ice facility and waterpark, a loyal skier base. i just hope its not vail.

thetrailboss

Staff member
im surprised one of the major players hasn't snatched up jay/burke yet. its plug and play. brand new hotels, tons of condos, the ice facility and waterpark, a loyal skier base. i just hope its not vail.

They aren't really on the market as of yet. Soon though!

thetrailboss

Staff member
That’s hard to say. It’s possible that Stenger’s penalty is going to sting much more than Quiros’ when you factor in their net worth.

So what are the predictions from here? Will the resorts sell together? If not, will Burke have a serious bidder?

I’ve always said that Intrawest should buy Jay. A Tremblant-Jay pass would corner the Montreal market.

You mean Alterra? Intrawest is no more.

https://www.aspensnowmass.com/~/med...tories/acquistion/ksl_asc-04_10_17.ashx?la=en

BenedictGomez

The resorts will likely only "sell together" if behind the scenes they essentially force would-be buyers to take Burke if they want Jay Peak. I think that's a strong possibility of what could happen, and if so, you'll never know it because it wont be admitted.

Sadly, because money is still (for the moment) cheap, I do believe one of these major ski conglomerates will snatch this purchase up in another bid at one of these annoying mega-pass structures. In other words, hello $89 Jay Peak day rates with no discounts.

BenedictGomez

Interesting tid-bit from that article listing Q-assets. Every media outlet etc... constantly talks about the Trump apartment in NYC whenever this story comes up, because..... Trump name.

But the list also notes an apartment located at 400 Fifth Avenue, which I guarantee cost more money than the Trump Riverside apartment.